Cannot sync via dropbox since I did a clean installation of El Capitan.

Fiona123
Fiona123
Community Member

I am so frustrated. I did a clean installation of El Capitan and backed all my apps/docs/pictures etc to an external hard drive. All apps are working perfectly accept for 1password. I have just spent the last hour trying to get it to sync with dropbox between my mac and iPhone. I have tried everything. I have made sure that in preferences that it is syncing to the same keychain but it still doesn't work. When I add or delete something from my mac, it does not appear on my iPhone and vice versa.

I wondered if there was a way to clear the 1password data on my mac and do a fresh sync from my iPhone.

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.11.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:remove-multiple-apps, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting, kb:remove-multiple-apps, kb-search:cannot sync

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Fiona123,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with Dropbox sync!

If you're sure you're syncing both apps with the same sync file in Dropbox, we'll need a few more details to figure out the best way to get things working again:

• What exact version of 1Password is installed on your iPhone?
    • Aside from your Mac and iPhone, what other devices are you syncing with 1Password?
    • What version of 1Password are you using on the other devices (if any)?
    • Is Dropbox sync working with 1Password on the other devices (if any)?
    • Do you have multiple vaults in 1Password? If so, are they each set up to sync with Dropbox?
    • What is the file path & file name shown for the file in Dropbox in the sync settings of 1Password on your Mac and on your iPhone?

Thanks in advance!

• Fiona123
    Fiona123
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

Hello, thank, I appreciate your reply. It appears that Dropbox wasn't actually running when I tried to get them to sync which is why it wouldn't sync. The dropbox files and folders were there but it was offline! Thanks anyway.

• @Fiona123 Ah, the simplest solutions are always the best. :lol: Have a wonderful evening, and let us know if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.