Trouble logging in to Amazon UK

Options

Comments

• peter_sutton
    peter_sutton
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there I am new to 1Password having just purchased it from the App Store and am having a similar problem with logging on to Amazon UK. I get this message, "You indicated you are a new customer, but an account already exists with the e-mail ---------------------" I have no idea why I am 'indicating that I am a new customer'. I will try the work around suggested above.

• Jacob
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hey @peter_sutton! I just created a thread for your post to keep the other one on its own since you already seem to have the solution. :) Have you tried what was mentioned in the previous thread to see if that helps? The issue sounds like the same one as was mentioned there. You just need to remove the radio button from the Login to prevent this from happening in the future. Let us know if the fix mentioned in that thread helps.

ref: OPX-982

• peter_sutton
    peter_sutton
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there penderworth and thank you for your message. The problem is now resolved thanks. To log in to Amazon UK I just have to attempt to log on as usual which doesn't work because the 'I am a new customer' button is lit but if I then light the 'Yes, I have a password' button and click on 'Sign in' I get logged in. This procedure is OK by me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @peter_sutton,

We still need to fix the code at our end but there is a better workaround that you can do too. This is a link for Amazon's login page (UK).

What I recommend doing is creating what I call a basic Login item from within the main 1Password window. This differs from a Login item created from within the browser as it has no knowledge of the web page it needs to fill and instead will only attempt to fill the username and password - it will not touch the radio button. You will need to manually copy your username and password across and set the website field to the URL above. This new item will not suffer the issue of altering the radio button meaning you won't have to manually change it each time. This is what I have and it works perfectly. Let us know how you get along :smile:

• peter_sutton
    peter_sutton
    Community Member
    Options

Hi littlebobbytables and thank you for your suggestion.

I hope you won't mind but I think I prefer to leave things as they are. I am a complete numpty when it comes to computers and what you suggest, whilst I am sure it is a very good suggestion, sounds rather complicated to me and I'm sure that I would get in a muddle or do something wrong and cause more problems. After all what I am now doing only involves one extra click and it works fine for me.

Once again thanks for your help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @peter_sutton,

By virtue of using a password manager to help manage your online self I'd say you've shown a level of savvy that possibly the majority haven't. Obviously I'm biased towards 1Password but the mere fact that you're taking action to guard yourself online would suggest you're not a "complete numpty" :wink: Some applications come with a learning curve and 1Password isn't any different. If we can do anything to make you feel more comfortable in using it let us know :smile:

• peter_sutton
    peter_sutton
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your kind words. I do take the issue of on line security very seriously and it is the main reason that I decided to use a password manager. I chose 1Password after reviewing a number of others, one of which I trialled for a period of time. I am generally very happy with 1Password and can even remember my password chosen following the advice given in your blogs. So once again thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:chuffed: Well we're always here if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.