third party logins

I am sure this question must have come up before, but I am not sure how to find it:
There are sites or apps which have a number of different ways to login. For example Skype or Wunderlist have:
1) their own login
2) Facebook login
3) Google login
This is further complicated by the fact that you might have more than one Google and more than one Facebook account. Can 1P help me there?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mzel: Indeed, that can be a bit confusing. Now, 1Password wasn't built with this in mind, but there's a handy trick that lil bobby came up with that can help:

1. Manually save a dummy Login item for the site — no login credentials
    2. Edit the Login and double-click the Icon:
    3. Add an icon for the single sign-on service you're using for the site (Facebook, Google, etc.)

This way, the next time you open the 1Password extension on the site, you'll be presented with a Login item showing the correct sign in method. Then you can click that option on the page, and use the appropriate Login item. I hope this helps! :)

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Well, this is not even a workaround, just a reminder... I was hoping for something more advanced. This is not much better than a note written on a side of the screen :'(

• Hi @mzel,

It's something that's already in our mind to work on because it is becoming more popular for new sites to use a third party authentication service for their users. Slack is starting to become an extra option due to its increasing popularity and great integrations.

When you select a Facebook or other services, it will take you to their sign-in page, which means 1Password can only see the URL of that page, with zero connection to the previous site. We do not collect data about the sites you're visiting, so that means there's not much we can use to build a smart feature with right now.

We have to come up with a clever solution for this and the thing about building clever solutions is well, we have to be careful about making it simple and pleasant to use too.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

ok, keep us posted

• We will.

This discussion has been closed.