3.6 no go with both Safari 5 & Firefox 5 (FIXED by upgrading to 3.6.1)

Upgraded to 3.6 and Chrome sails along unaffected. But 1PW integration does not appear in either Safari 5.05 or FIrefox 5. I tried to see if Firefox was trying to load the old extension (instructions in previous post) but no evidence of that. Tried removing and reinstalling all extensions from the 1PW prefs Browser tab (always with browsers closed). One clue is that after all browsers extensions are checked, when I then open Firefox, 1PW no show, quit Firefox, go back to 1PW prefs and the FIrefox box is _not_ checked.

My spouse is happy when 1PW works but very unhappy at the manual workaround. Any suggestions to remedy this (other than to Time Machine back to 1PW 3.5) would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey, dcampfin, I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Let's try to resolve this one step at a time. Let's start with Safari 5.0 troubleshooting.

Most common browser extensions can be fixed by correcting folder permissions. Before trying this, you must first quit your browser. Then, launch 1Password and click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions. You will be prompted for your Administrator password. Finally, restart the 1Password application, then your browser.

Sometimes the 1Password extension is loading properly, but the 1P button is not being added to the main browser toolbar. You can manually add the button by ctrl-clicking on the toolbar, and selecting the Customize Toolbar… item. In the window that appears, find the 1P button and drag-and-drop it onto your toolbar. Then click Done to accept your changes.

SafariCustomizeToolbar.png

If you are still having trouble, there may be something deeper going on, so trying to get things working in Firefox may not work either. To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.

If things are working well in Safari, there is no need to send in a Diagnostics Report yet, and we can start working to get Firefox back up and running as well. :-)

At the least, please let me know what version of Mac OS X you are running.

Thanks!
  • dcampfin
    dcampfin
    Community Member
    Thanks for the response Khad. 3.6.1 seems to have cleared up all my Firefox and Safari problems and thanks for the reminder of how to put 1P back into the Safari buttonbar should it not appear.

I recommended 1P again to a user group friend yesterday. Keep up the good work on this great product!
  • Hey dcampfin!

On behalf of Khad, you are very welcome! Thank you for updating the thread with the great news.

Also, we appreciate your kind words and love the fact that you recommend 1P to your friends!

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Cheers!

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.