Loging in to Tumblr does not work

I just signed up for a Tumblr account (http://www.tumblr.com) When I go back and try to use 1Password to log in to the sight, it doesn't work. It looks like nothing is getting inserted into the "email" and "password" fields. I looked in 1Password and it looks like the info is correct. If I type it by hand is works.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Comments

• bswins
    edited June 2011
    Hello ajahn,

I was able to save a login on the Tumblr site without issues using the following setup:

OS X: 10.7 (Build 11A494a)
    Safari: 5.1 (7534.45)
    1Password: 3.6.1.BETA-2 (build 31052)
    1P Safari extension: 3.6.5.BETA-23

What setup are you using?

Brandt
  • ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    I see your field names look different from mine. I am on and iMac running Snow Leopard (latest). I am using Firefox 3.X. Can I manually change my 1Password field names like yours? I believe i have the latest OSX version of 1Password.

Thanks.
  • Hey ajahn,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was trying to find access to a system running Snow Leopard so I could install 3.5.9 and FF 3 to verify your question.

I'll find one, don't worry. However, in the interim, please try to manually change the filed names on your system and report back with your results.

When I was running SL and 3.5.9, I am almost sure I could edit the filed names. I want to say "Yes" you can, but it's been a while since I did it, so I cannot say it without a bit of doubt.

In the event you do not know how to do this, Edit your saved login and double-click on the relevant Field Name. Make your edit and click Save.

I suspect you do know how to do this, but I wanted to add the procedure for others coming across this thread who may not know.

Please give it a shot.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login in Firefox at:

http://www.tumblr.com/login

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :-)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

That fixed it! Thanks!
  • bswins
    edited July 2011
    On behalf of Khad, you are very welcome!

In my first post, I should have mentioned that I used the manual save when I first tested the site.

I'll be sure to state this in the future. :)

Regardless, I'm glad it worked.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Uh oh! Brandt's awake. I think that's my cue to go to sleep. :lol:
  • khad wrote:

Uh oh! Brandt's awake. I think that's my cue to go to sleep. :lol:

Where have you been? I'm been here for over an hour! ;)
  • Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member
    Just curious, there are times when I inspect a page's source HTML and update the field names in 1Password manually. By using the "Save..." option, I guess I can save myself some work? Let me know if I can clarify my point.

On a related note, by using the manual save option outlined, the submit for a recently changed page started working again. Just curious, does 1Password allow the user any editing about the 'Submit' for a page or is this hidden from the user?

Note: The Qdoba Rewards page recently changed. This is the page I was having issues with this evening.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Kurtois!

Just curious, there are times when I inspect a page's source HTML and update the field names in 1Password manually. By using the "Save..." option, I guess I can save myself some work?

Yep. That's what you pay 1Password to do. Make it earn its keep. :-)

Just curious, does 1Password allow the user any editing about the 'Submit' for a page or is this hidden from the user?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but there is a Submit value for each Login item which you can edit in 1Password. This allows you to disable autosubmit on a per-Login basis if necessary without disabling it globally. Let me know if you were talking about something else.

Cheers,
  • Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but there is a Submit value for each Login item which you can edit in 1Password. This allows you to disable autosubmit on a per-Login basis if necessary without disabling it globally. Let me know if you were talking about something else.

I am wondering if it is possible in the event there is more than one 'Submit' for a page, how does 1Password correctly know which submit is the correct one? Perhaps that is the "special sauce" or the beauty of 1Password in determining the "right" submit, but I imagine 1Password could choose the wrong one. In that case, can the 1Password user specify which submit is the correct one?

Please let me know if I can clarify this further for you.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I am wondering if it is possible in the event there is more than one 'Submit' for a page, how does 1Password correctly know which submit is the correct one? Perhaps that is the "special sauce" or the beauty of 1Password in determining the "right" submit, but I imagine 1Password could choose the wrong one. In that case, can the 1Password user specify which submit is the correct one?

Ah. I see what you mean. I didn't know it at the time, but my reply was actually directly related to your real question. :lol:

Editing the login to change the Submit value from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never" works on a lot of sites which modify the form before submitting it, are looking for a literal key press/mouse click, or contain multiple submit buttons which "confuse" 1Password. Normally this is not an issue as it is indeed part of the "special sauce." However, disabling autosubmit for the login item will give you the chance to actually give them what they are looking for by submitting the form yourself rather than allowing 1Password to do it on your behalf.

20110704-cn9ky4nam9asficprhiy858tur.jpg

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with. :-)

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.