Chrome app not installing, now 1password thinks I didn't buy it

Options

I purchased 1 password a long time ago and it's always sorta half way worked pretty much all the time in my browser. I re-installed my chrome extension and now the 1password application doesn't recognize that I previously purchased it pushing me back to a trial mode. Also the extension can't seem to find the app on my computer which it needs to turn on within the browser, apparently. Basically nothing is working right.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @baucoin,

So we've got two separate issues to resolve here.

Regarding your licence. I tried looking in our records for the email address you use here in the forums but I found nothing. The best way to proceed will be to email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com with the following information.

1. Your full name as you would have used at the time of purchase.
    2. If possible your physical address as you would have supplied at the time of purchase. If you purchased a while ago this one might be tricky but we can only ask :smile:
    3. Any email addresses you might have used, we can check each one.

Hopefully we can locate your purchase using this information and get you your licence. It's hard to say but if you've moved Macs at all or used an app cleaner at some point that could explain why 1Password is saying it isn't registered as each copy has to have the licence added for it to know. If you do email us what can help is to post the ticket ID you will receive in our automated response in this thread. That will allow us to locate your ticket and look into it straight away.

With 1Password 3 for Mac the extension was always intended to work with the main application but it could become disconnected and seem to work independently. The trouble when this happened is the vault was only stored in a database associated with the extension and held inside the support file structure for the browser. Uninstalling the extension automatically removed all the files connected to the extension meaning a disconnected extension if uninstalled would result in the loss of anything only stored in the browser's copy of the vault.

One oddity I have noticed is that when I first install a new copy of the 1Password 3 Chrome Extension it does indeed refuse to connect to a perfectly working copy of 1Password 3 for Mac. I don't know why, all I do know is restarting the Mac resolves this and the extension will then successfully connect to the 1Password Helper. So I expect a reboot should work for you too.

This discussion has been closed.