Remove team member not possible

Options

I invited a collegue to my team. But he tried to register via Safari. He tried all possible ways to get this work. After that we tried together to register the account new via Firefox. But it seams the the account has been verfied but he cannot sign in, because he didn't save the AccountKey. Now I simply want to delete his account. But it's not possibile. The status of his account is verfied. I cannot select any action. Recovery is also not possible.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:remove team

Comments

• Hi @gaston_lagaffe,

I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't gone as smoothly as it should have. I'm trying to think of a scenario where this could happen and I'm drawing a blank. Could you help me out by providing a screenshot of what you see when you click the "Team Member" dropdown for the user account under Admin Console > Team Members > That User? Here's what I see for a test account I just created to see if I could get something similar:

It sounds like you're seeing something different there.

If I wanted to delete this user, I would first suspend them, then the menu would change to look like this:

And from there I could delete it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rick

• gaston_lagaffe
    gaston_lagaffe
    Community Member
    Options

There is no action possible.

It's also not possible to select any entry in the team member list, after mark the second team member. For the first team member (myself) I can suspend and recover. But nothing for the second.

• Thank you very much for the screenshots!

They helped us to figure out the problem and we will be deploying the fix later today.

The problem most probably related to the fact that we are no longer blocking registrations using Safari browser. While Safari works for the brand new team that were created today, we still have issues when using Safari for already existing teams.

• LesserSpottedPotoroo
    Options

+1 on this one. Got a user who's registration "failed" and no option to go through the Suspect > Delete workflow. Looking forward to the fix. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LesserSpottedPotoroo - were you able to get this resolved by simply trying again? If not, give it another go: the fix for this should have been deployed already. Let us know if you're still having trouble!

• LesserSpottedPotoroo
    Options

Hey there @AGLars, thanks (or, given your name, maybe tack så mycket) for weighing in. It's great the see the amount of active support from you guys during the beta. Unfortunately there is no way to re-start the process with the users involved.

Your colleagues in AgileBits Support have told me they're rolling out an update soon to address this issue. My guess is your devs will enable the missing/inactive admin functions to perform recovery/deletion rather than any direct maintenance of the problematic accounts by AgileBits (since that should be impossible by design).

From their latest email to my crew:
    We are implementing some server upgrades that will help to get your team members are who left in a zombie state after setting up with Safari out of the state they are currently in. We should have those updates in place by the end of this week. I'll follow up with you as soon as that update drops with next steps to bet them all unblocked.

FYI @gaston_lagaffe

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @LesserSpottedPotoroo - to be honest, things are happening so fast around here with the new 1Password for Teams that updates on progress sometimes get out into the wild as fast as we get them internally. Let us know if you don't see either the update or an announcement of delay by week's end.

This discussion has been closed.