Allow non-square, rectangle sized icons to be added to 1password for mac

Options
Shawzborne
Shawzborne
Community Member

Hi,

Allow non-square, rectangle sized icons to be added to 1password for mac. Cause credit cards and other loyalty cards are not square.

Example card Icons.

Appear as (hard to see and not really usable):

Thank-you,

Shawn

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: OSX 10.11.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Shawzborne,

Thanks for taking the time to send us your request, and for the screenshots!

If you don't mind, it would help if you could elaborate on the current problem, and how you'd like it to work instead. For example:

Allow non-square, rectangle sized icons to be added to 1password for mac.

That sounds as if you're not able to add rectangular images as custom icons at all, but that's already possible/allowed. It should work the same way as square images: Just click the Edit button and drag an image to the icon field. Are you having any trouble doing that? Or did you mean that there's something wrong with the resulting icon?

Appear as (hard to see and not really usable):

I tried doing this with the first card screenshot you included in your message, and it looks like your custom icon screenshot. But I'm not sure exactly what you don't like about it, or how you'd like us to improve it. Can you describe exactly how you'd like the icon to appear? In your screenshot and in my own testing, the entire rectangular image of the credit card is shown in the icon. Do you want it to appear larger in the item details? Or, do you just want to hide the icon border & empty space above/below the image, like this:

(That's just a quick mock-up I made - it's not the way it currently works.)

I'll be happy to send your suggestions along to our developers, but we'll just need to know more about what you're suggesting. Thanks in advance! :)

• Yoron
    Yoron
    Community Member
    Options

Not the OP, but your mock-up (or the same but scaled larger) would be awesome!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your feedback @Yoron! We appreciate it, and although I can't make any promises one way or the other, I can let our developers know you'd like it to work that way. :)

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

+1 Yes, I'd like a custom credit card icon to hide the border and empty space so a custom icon would look the same as 1PW's generic MasterCard, Visa, Amex, etc. icons.

• Shawzborne
    Shawzborne
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG I would like both the border to be removed and the ability to add wide images more than just 200 X 200px also when you add the custom Icon like above it comes out pixelated.

• Jacob
    edited December 2015
    Options

@oshloel Thanks for the feedback. :+1: added!

@Shawzborne Sounds good. I'll be sure to note that in your feedback request. :) There's definitely some room for improvement.

ref: OPM-2575

This discussion has been closed.