Cant restore my backup data after clean reinstall of OS X Mavericks

Options
tracey_bee
tracey_bee
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Mac

Hello:
I've read as many forum threads as I can on this and tried several things to no avail, but perhaps I missed the best one.
Background:
did a clean reinstall of Mavericks on my 2008 imac. now want to restore my 1 password.(purchased at agilebits.com)
have downloaded 1 password 4. updated at prompt to version 4.4.3. have added my license to the app. tried restore from my time machine upon first opening, to no avail.
now, have located, what I believe, is my most recent backup file from my time machine and "restored" it to this location on my hard drive : Library/application support/1Password 4/Backups/1password.1p4_zip
so I open 1 password, choose "restore".
I am given a choice of backups that are over a year old, vs my recent backups.
I then choose "find backup", and go to the file per above..
when I select my most recent backup (the one taken from my timemachine backup drive, I tried most recent and the second most recent)
I get a message: failed adding backup
I have rebooted computer but same thing happens.
Please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tracey_bee
    tracey_bee
    Community Member
    Options

Hello:
    I've read as many forum threads as I can on this and tried several things to no avail, but perhaps I missed the best one.
    Beackground:
    did a clean reinstall of Mavericks on my 2008 imac. now want to restore my 1 password.(purchased at agilebits.com)
    have downloaded 1 password 4. updated at prompt to version 4.4.3. have added my license to the app. tried restore from my time machine upon first opening, to no avail.
    now, have located, what I believe, is my most recent backup file from my time machine and "restored" it to this location on my hard drive : Library/application support/1Password 4/Backups/1password.1p4_zip
    so I open 1 password, choose "restore".
    I am given a choice of backups that are over a year old, vs my recent backups.
    I then choose "find backup", and go to the file per above..
    when I select my most recent backup (the one taken from my timemachine backup drive, I tried most recent and the second most recent)
    I get a message: failed adding backup
    I have rebooted computer but same thing happens.
    Please advise.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@tracey_bee I have tidied things a little by:

1. deleting your blank post in one of your threads;
    2. merging the two separate threads in which you posted to make it easier for you to find the answer to your question, and to make support a little easier; and
    3. editing the title to your thread to refer to OS X Mavericks rather than to iOS.

Stephen

• tracey_bee
    tracey_bee
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Stephen_C. I see that noone ,yet, has offered a solution.. :-(... can I get to the bottom of this another way more directly via support.?? As you can imagine I would really like to get running (the only thing preventing me from being in total melt down is that I also made an "old school "print/save as PDF" of my passwords on a jump drive, as a fail safe backup. thank goodness for that!!!)

• Hey @tracey_bee! So sorry for the trouble here. What is the specific error you're seeing? Could you possibly take a screenshot of it and post it here for us to have a better idea of what's going on? Also take a screenshot of your Backup tab in Preferences. :) If you need any help taking a screenshot, there is a nice guide over here.

Once you have the image, just attach it to your post by clicking the document icon and clicking Choose Files. Here's what that looks like:

• tracey_bee
    tracey_bee
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth : thanks. here are some shots of what I describe in my original post.

hope that helps you help me...
    (PS.. I also had 1 password 3.. but now have 4.. could that be confusing the backup in the app?

• @tracey_bee Thanks for posting those! We're going to need a bit more info, so I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you send the email, post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive a few minutes after sending. That will help us connect the dots. :)

• tracey_bee
    tracey_bee
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth : my bitbot confirmation ##XAT-38675-791

• @tracey_bee Thanks for sending that over! It looks like the lovely Eva has already responded. We'll keep the conversation going via email for now. If you ever need anything in the forums, feel free to pop back in and say hi. :)

ref: XAT-38675-791

This discussion has been closed.