Video tutorials wanted

juliadoherty
juliadoherty
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Business and Teams

Just a note to the people at Agilebits. People absorb information and instructions in different ways. I found that navigating the endless tutorials in written format was an absolute nightmare. If you launch lots of little video tutorials then more people will use this software, or even adding more pictures. For example, in one of the tutorials you say "switch vaults" - but I had no idea where the "switch vault was"? So I could not go any further. I have used 1password independently for some time now and I understand the basics, but I had problems syncing with my mac, renaming my vaults, changing guests to team members - it was just too much, so we are going back to the old system of using our CRM which is no-way near as secure as 1Password.
Disappointed.

1Password Version: 1password5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:set up a guest by error

Comments

• Hi @juliadoherty,

I guess the problem is, that Beta documentation assuemed that you are already familar with 1password. 1password (without team) is designed to be intuitiv. My wife had almost no problem to use it. Just like OS X.
    But beta web gui isn't easy to understand for non tech savy user. So you should give 1password 4 team a try after beta. I believe your feedback is really helpful to agilebits.

And +1 for video tutorials.

So good luck

Random

• juliadoherty
    juliadoherty
    Community Member

I have been using 1password 4 for ages now and have no problems - I love 1Password! I would not say that I am not tech savvy either as I am technically minded, but I learn in visual ways (as do 65% of the nation), and I think that videos or better screen shots would certainly help people like me. I tend to "play" to learn - hence setting up a guest instead of a TEAM member, and now I can't change that on the system (or I can't figure out how).

The first place that I go to learn anything new is YouTube. The agilebits YouTube channel has one video on there for setting up a team and a new vault and that's it.

• Hi @juliadoherty,

I'm not native speaker and written communication is error prone. So just to make sure you understand me correctly. I just thought about why you could have problems with 1p4t. And your are right about the learning style. So I fully acknowledge your first post. But since 1p4t is a great and I'll hope you give it a try again.
    I set up 1p4t for a hole team were most users are first time users, they don't even read any documentation and are fine. Just the guys (admins) who set ip the vaults need some advices and hinta for me. All of them are really good technicans, but still had some issue with webgui.
    Thats said: 1p4t was easy to use for me, i took time to read the whitepaper. But staff members hadn't had time to read documentation and if video would be available it would habe saved my time to explain.

So I'm sure your feedback is helpfull.

Random

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015

@juliadoherty: Indeed, thanks so much for taking the time to let us know where you're running into trouble so we can improve 1Password for Teams as the beta progresses! But it's certainly much too early for us to make a lot of tutorial videos, as there are a lot of things that will change over the coming months (days, even!) I think you're right about videos, but 1Password for Teams isn't quite to the point where it's ready for 65% of the human race. I'm sure we'll get there though. ;)

For example, in one of the tutorials you say "switch vaults" - but I had no idea where the "switch vault was"? So I could not go any further. I have used 1password independently for some time now and I understand the basics, but I had problems syncing with my mac, renaming my vaults, changing guests to team members - it was just too much, so we are going back to the old system of using our CRM which is no-way near as secure as 1Password.

I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with the 1Password for Teams beta, but of course that's what we're here for. The best way to get help is to ask for it, and you've come to the right place! :chuffed:

To be clear, if you're trying 'convert' a guest to team member, this isn't possible (yet?) You'll need to Suspend them in the Admin Console and then you can Delete them and invite them as a team member instead:

Finally, to address your original issue, you can switch vaults by clicking on the icon in the upper left corner:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions or feedback! :)

• juliadoherty
    juliadoherty
    Community Member

Thank you so much. Your support has been great. I will go back to basics and start again.
    x

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @juliadoherty,

On behalf of the team here, you're most welcome! We greatly appreciate your feedback as you help us test out our new 1Password for Teams service, and as brenty mentioned, we're definitely here to help if/when you have any more questions or comments to share.

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.