Admin interface feedback

Hey guys, we've made the plunge, and are adding ~70 people organization to one password.
I sent the email yesterday and people are starting joining.

A couple of nice things.

• The fact that there's an allowed domain and people can register for themselves and not by direct invitation is awesome!
  • Catching cmd+R is genius! Whoever thought of this small thing, my hat is tipped to him
  • Approval is easy and straightforward

Things I would love to get better

• Adding people to vaults and see who's in what vault
  • After I approve some people, I then to go the "Team Members" tab and see all of the people, that either were already there or new ones, and I have no idea who I added already to a vault and who I haven't. Something small like "Vault accessed" in that team members table can go a log way for me to see who else I need to take care of.
  • The "pending" statuses are very confusing. The user can be either "active/invited"pending" in the status column, and can be "Pending" in the Joined section, etc' I wish that the "Joined on" and the "Last access" would just be NA or something, because when scanning for real pending users I stumble on those who haven't yet ever accepted the invitation
  • UI wise, the confirm/reject buttons are very hidden. I have a pretty big screen, and the admin site is fully responsive, to the point where I go into a pending users screen, and I do't understand why I can't add him to any vaults. I then try to see his status, and then I remember that I came in here to approve the user, not to add him to any vaults, and then I look around, untill finally I see the small approve button on the rightmost corner. VERY hidden. Every time I got there, and we're on like 20 people already, I stumble on this. Maybe place the buttons on the left side where the name is?

As I'll be working with 1p admin much more, I'll try to add to this list or add new ones.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Altryne,

Thanks for the feedback on 1Password for Teams! Glad to hear you're off to a good start. Regarding your suggestions, I'm guessing you've discovered that in the Admin console, you can click on Vaults and then on the specific vault to see who is a member of that vault. Were you thinking of something in addition to that? If so, what would make it easier for you to use?

• +1 regarding the Pending status ambiguity. I think there would be benefit to putting something in the admin UI that shows what the remaining account enablement steps are or at least a link to the relevant documentation page so we admins can remind ourselves of what the statuses actually mean. Good post, @altryne.

• @LesserSpottedPotoroo Very good point. I'll get your feedback over to the developers so they can look into connecting the knowledge base with the Teams interface, possibly with tooltips or a nice little help overlay. If you have any other ideas, feel free to let us know. We really appreciate the thoughts. :)

• Thanks, @penderworth. AgileBits' open ears are warmly appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, your warm fur is openly envied this time of year. :love:

This discussion has been closed.