Saving userid as well as password

Options
rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member

Wells Fargo is now forcing users to change userid as well as password on a semi regular. After providing current logon info, they take you to a page to change your userid; then they take you to another page to change the password. At this point, 1p asks to save the new login. Problem is that 1p only saves the password, not userid. I noticed this when my subsequent logon attempt failed because of invalid userid.

Is there anyway for 1p,to save both items?

1Password Version: 5.01
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51,

Well, I have to say, that's the first time I've heard of that policy, and I'm a bit concerned that it will end up being more of a frustration for users than adding any measurable security benefit.

In any case, the way 1Password is designed right now, it's only glancing at the password field to look for changes. You'll need to update the user ID manually in your entry. I'll mention it to our team to keep an eye on and see if we need to re-evaluate how 1Password handles those 'change password' pages, but hopefully this is an isolated incident and changing user IDs regularly will not become standard operating procedure: a secure and unique password is the best protection for your account details, if you're already using that, changing a user ID should be unnecessary. ;)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response. Since this is the second time this year I had to change my user id, this appears to be WFs new policy.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I haven't seen that for my own Wells Fargo account yet, @rlgleason51, but I'll keep my eyes open.

I wonder if it's only certain types of accounts (mortgage, business, etc.). I only have a credit card with them (and used to have a personal checking account as well).

This discussion has been closed.