No icon for Ms Office in software license

PaoloD
PaoloD
Community Member
edited December 2015 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi!
Every software licenses I stored on my 1Password have an icon, even the less famous. The only one who hasn't is Microsoft Office (for Mac). Is it possible?
Or did I made a mistake typing the name?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PaoloD,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I'm seeing the rich icon show up when I create a Software License for "Microsoft Office".

Could you take a screenshot of what you are seeing and attach it with your reply?

Thanks in advance!

• PaoloD
    PaoloD
    Community Member

Maybe it could depend on 1Password version: 3.9.6.
    I have an old MacBook that support only OSX 10.7

sw.jpg 32.2K
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much for that screenshot, @PaoloD. They say picture is worth a thousand words, but in this case the version number would have sufficed. I've moved your post to the 1Password 3 category so to avoid further confusing myself. :)

The old 1Password 3 app doesn't use the rich icon server. It actually pulls the icons from the matching app name in your Applications folder. In the case of Microsoft Office, there is no single app called "Microsoft Office", so there is no icon for it to retrieve from your Applications folder.

However, you can add a custom icon to the item by editing it and then dragging the image onto the image placeholder as shown:

I hope that help. Please let me know. :)

• PaoloD
    PaoloD
    Community Member

OK, now I understand!
    I will buy a new Mac soon: then I will be able to update to 1Password last version.
    Thank you.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PaoloD,

While no doubt it will leave an imprint on your statement when you do so I think you'll enjoy that new Mac when you do. If you're moving from a Mac that can only support OS X Lion you should see a lot of change in both OS X and some of your favourite applications :smile:

If it helps at all creating a Software Licence item in 1Password 5 pulls in the following icon which I'm adding to this post so you can use it for a custom icon (if that's of any use to you)

This discussion has been closed.