1Password Team for Windows (availability?)

Options

Hello 1Password,

we are joining to 1Password Team beta.

I will wait to invite my staff until the application update is available for Windows.
https://www.evernote.com/l/AOAQCsXiAlFJPJ6dxs5sOsfcMEa2J5hghrU

When do you think will come the beta release so that my pc users can use
1Password also with their Windows application?

Thank you for a quick information.

Best Regards,
Mark

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:team windows, kb-search:team windows application

Comments

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

AgileBits has said the Windows support will come before the end of the beta, and that they expect it to be around 3 months (I, too, am looking forward to it!). If you're using Windows 10 you can try the 1Password Alpha (really a beta) from the Windows Store which has Teams support, but doesn't do any browser integration like 1Password 4 does at this time.

• sweisse
    sweisse
    Community Member
    Options

Hi dszp, thank you for the information and reply. So i will wait until windows support and prepare with my staff our passwords first via web. Thanks

• @dszp is absolutely right, we are working hard on 1Password for Windows desktop and plan to have it available by the time 1Password for Teams exits beta. One of the reasons it is taking a long time is that we are building a new version of our 1Password for Windows app largely from scratch. We are going to initially focus on the mini (or helper) portion that works with the browser extensions to perform form-filling and password saving.

We do have a nice 1Password for Windows 10 beta app that is available with Teams support already. It is sandboxed so does not work with the browser extensions but is a great app for managing your 1Password data on Windows.

• df1246
    df1246
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

With the announcement of pricing for 1Password Teams, are there any updates on our Windows users being able to use Teams with browser extensions? It would be a crucial component for us before we upgrade to a paid account and so just curious if there are any updates regarding this development?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @df1246,

No updates yet, it's still being worked on but we don't have a timeframe on when it might be available. We do understand how critical it is for your needs and unfortunately, 1Password Teams is not advised if your team is entirely on Windows. We would recommend holding off until our first stable Windows versions are available with the browser extensions support.

• df1246
    df1246
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT. We'll sit tight for when it might be available-

• MikeT
    Options

That's great, thanks for your patience! We're doing everything we can to speed this up.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dahanbn,

We really appreciate your patience as we work to get 1Password for Windows Teams-ready. I can’t spill any details on a release dat at this time, but I can tell you that our developers are doing their best to get the app ready for beta testing as soon as possible. :)

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan let me chime in this will be a complete showstopper for us switching to 1Password (I assume that is the same for many other folks on the list). I like your product and use it personally but I can't push it at work as long as you have to settle for the UWP version with no browser extension.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @cyberzed ,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here! It just so happens I have good news: 1Password 6 for Windows is now in beta testing. There’s still a bit of work to be done before 1Password for Windows is ready for release, but we’re getting closer.

I hope this shows that we are listening to your feedback. If you’re interested in helping us beta test 1Password and get it ready, we’d be love to hear what you think. :)

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan cool, and the browser extension works with that or that is a bit in the future as well?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cyberzed,

I can tell you that the browser extension is at the top of our devs’ to do list ... but it’s not quite there yet. We know how awesome it is to have 1Password fill your data for you, and we’ll do all we can to get this feature out there soon.

• cyberzed
    cyberzed
    Community Member
    Options

@megan fantastic, but that will put the switch on hold since my access closes in 2 days due to end of the trial

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cyberzed ,

I’m sorry to hear that, but I do understand. Please stay tuned - we’ll be sure to keep you all updated as features become available in the beta. Hopefully we’ll have your team set up with 1Password soon. :)

• chad_mcdonald
    chad_mcdonald
    Community Member
    Options

Our team is mostly Mac users but we have a couple of Windows folk on the team as well and they very much feel like second class citizens when it comes to 1Password for teams. 1P4T is such a great way to share passwords with our team but without the ability to auto fill passwords 1Password as a whole becomes not very useful on Windows. Additionally not everyone is ready to embrace Windows 10 at this point and folks running Win7/8 are just plain left out when it comes to using 1P4T. This needs to be addressed quickly, especially now that the beta is over and we still don't have a feature complete Windows product to use.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chad_mcdonald,

The 1Password 6 beta for Windows works with 1Password Teams, and it runs on Windows 7.

• chad_mcdonald
    chad_mcdonald
    Community Member
    Options

@khad I was just cruising around the forum and saw that...BUT (and this is a big but) is still doesn't support filling of passwords via browser extensions. This is like one of the core functionalities of what people expect a 1Password product to do so I can't figure out why the Windows versions ( I know they are betas) keep coming out without these features. It's a little like asking people to sit in a car that won't start and try it out. They can look around the inside of the car, grab the shifter, touch the door panels and imagine driving it down the road, but no one is going to spend more than about 10 minutes "trying out" a car that you can't actually drive.

I want to be clear here. 1Password for teams is a great product and if you are an all Mac and iOS office you're not going to visit this thread because everything just works great and you have no need for support. I see Agile Bits employees actively engaged with customers asking the tough questions about Windows support and I think that is great...BUT...I do think that we all need to be realistic and just admit that the Windows experience right now is just flat out bad, and that focus has not been given to Windows like it should have been now that you are asking people to pay for the product. I'm hoping that Windows development can ramp up now with the revenue coming in from the teams and families subscriptions. I really do want to love 1P4T on Windows as much as I do on Mac and iOS. Let's go devs!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chad_mcdonald,

BUT (and this is a big but) is still doesn't support filling of passwords via browser extensions. This is like one of the core functionalities of what people expect a 1Password product to do

Completely agreed. You didn't mention that in your previous post, so I thought it was prudent to point to the app's existence since what you did write gave me the impression you weren't even aware of it. Sorry about that.

We are hard at work on supporting the browser extensions and 1Password Teams in the same app on Windows. :)

Let's go devs!

Couldn't have said it better myself! :+1:

• dannymarr
    dannymarr
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for all your hard work 1Password Team! I was wondering, how's progress for 1Password 6 for Windows? Will it be released this August (see link and attachment?

• dannymarr
    dannymarr
    Community Member
    Options

Also when will the browser extensions work with 1Password 6 for Windows?

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@dannymarr the browser extensions work to fill webpages with browser extensions in 1Password 6 Beta for Windows now. I'm using it every day and have switched to it as my main 1Password app. However, it does not yet save new entries or update passwords from the extensions (only directly in the app). However, it's good enough for me to use on a daily basis for my logins!

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @dannymarr! Thanks for checking in. Things are still progressing day by day. :) I can't share a specific date or timeframe with you because we're still figuring out how many goodies we want in the initial version. As @dszp mentioned, browser extension support is coming along pretty well. We're hoping to have the saving function working soon too.

• dannymarr
    dannymarr
    Community Member
    Options

Fantastic! Thanks @dszp and @Jacob. :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dannymarr On behalf of Jacob, you're very welcome! :chuffed:

• austinbynum
    austinbynum
    Community Member
    Options

I just recently started using this forum and I was wondering what the target date for full release is for this Windows version. My business model is about to become heavily dependent on 1Password and I need to ensure the Windows side is working full and well.

• Jacob
    Options

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for checking in! We're hoping to have it ready by the end of the month. :)

This discussion has been closed.