How to find items without folder?

Options
georgexsh
georgexsh
Community Member

I use folder to sort out items extensively, so I want to find out items without folder, is it possible to do this?

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@georgexsh I suspect you can do it using search options but as I don't use folders I can't actually test it. Try this:

1. In the main app double click on the magnifying glass icon at the left end of the search box.
    2. From the drop down choose Show Search Options.
    3. Click the arrows on the second configurable field (which has probably defaulted to Title) and choose Folder from the drop down.

From there you'll need to experiment with full options which I can't see! :)

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @georgexsh,

I'm glad to see Stephen_C was able to help you :smile: If there are any other questions please do ask and we'll see if we can beat him to your post :tongue:

• fjacquet
    fjacquet
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

When I choose "Folder" "is" "" using this trick, I also get entries with folders.
    Is there a way to says Folder is "Null"/"Empty" to get the correct search results ?

Fred

• Hi @fjacquet ,

Setting Folder is <empty menu> should do it. I just tried it here myself. Can you try to make a new Smart Folder that does the same thing? Does that find items with folders?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• fjacquet
    fjacquet
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

It find empty and subfolders, not folders but subfolder is a folder so I think it is a bug. Both smart folder and search do the same

I have v6 from apple store

• Hi @fjacquet ,

May I ask for a screenshot of your criteria? I have several items in folders and smart folders, and can not seem to reproduce this.

Please make sure you crop out any sensitive data from the screen shot. I would like to see just the criteria itself, not the items.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• fjacquet
    fjacquet
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • @fjacquet Thanks for the screenshot. I just tried reproducing that issue here as well and wasn't able to. Could you give us a bit more info about your setup so we can try to duplicate the issue? Here's what we'll need:

• The exact version of 1Password you're using
    • The version of OS X you're using
    • The other filters (if any) you're applying to this Smart Folder
    • Whether all items in that folder appear, or just one

With that info, we'll keep looking to see what we can find. :)

• fjacquet
    fjacquet
    Community Member
    Options

1Password is Version 6.0.2 (602005) Mac App Store
    OS X is 10.11.3
    No other filters added, as I say, I try to sort "empty folder" references on logins
    No sub folder in smart folder but they are present in "search options" for Logins

• @fjacquet Thanks for the info! I tried to get the same result as you and still wasn't able to. Do you mind taking a screen recording so we can get a better idea of what's happening? Apple's QuickTime guide will help you with that. Once you have the recording, send it over to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread and a quick description of things. Then post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive from us after sending the email. That will help us get back to you quickly

• fjacquet
    fjacquet
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

While doing the movie, I understand better :
    I create a search
    From it, I move an entry to a sub-folder to order it.
    At this time

• the screen still show the search
    • BUT it displays ALL entries, you have to reapply the filter to be able to work

I have send the link to video with ticket #PBI-82725-777]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fjacquet: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: PBI-82725-777

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fjacquet,

The behaviour you're seeing happens when making changes to items displayed in the item list of custom search results. In this case, the item list is reset and inaccurately displaying all items after dragging an item from your folder is <empty> search results to a folder in the sidebar. Reapplying the search filter is a workaround, like you've discovered.

I've added your comments to the open bug report we have for this. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you; it's been frustrating for me as well.

ref: OPM-1747

This discussion has been closed.