OneDrive

AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Dropbox blocked - alternate way to sync?.

Comments

• eph61820
    eph61820
    Community Member

I successfully sync mine with OneDrive, however, I wish there was a way to connect the Android app to my onedrive folder so I would not have to do wireless sync.

• Hi @eph61820,

The 1Password for Android app does support Folder Sync and if OneDrive is accessible to the file system or has an option to make the 1Password folder offline, you can do just that. Here's how it'd look with Folder Sync: https://support.1password.com/guides/android/settings-sync.html

• eph61820
    eph61820
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

MikeT, on my Sync setting screen are three options and nothing like your showing on your page. I have Android Marshmallow (Android version 5.1.1) and under settings: 1) Wi-Fi Sync (toggle on/off), 2) Sync Automatically and 3) Notification... I am also a Premium user and checked the following areas for anything related to picking a 'folder' to sync: Security (no joy); Sync (see above); Dispaly (no joy); Filling (no joy); Premium features (no joy), Advanced (no joy). Am I missing something?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@eph61820: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off from the 1Password for Windows discussion into a new one in the Android category of the forums.

MikeT, on my Sync setting screen are three options and nothing like your showing on your page. I have Android Marshmallow (Android version 5.1.1) and under settings: 1) Wi-Fi Sync (toggle on/off), 2) Sync Automatically and 3) Notification... I am also a Premium user and checked the following areas for anything related to picking a 'folder' to sync: Security (no joy); Sync (see above); Dispaly (no joy); Filling (no joy); Premium features (no joy), Advanced (no joy). Am I missing something?

Right. Sorry for the confusion! You already chose the sync method (Wi-Fi, it sounds like) when you setup 1Password for Android initially. If you want to set it up differently now, please backup your data and reinstall the app. You'll be able to choose between Local Sync, Dropbox Sync, and Wi-Fi Sync. And then if you sync to a local folder that OneDrive can access it should be able to sync your data for you. If not, you can use another service that supports this, or use Dropbox or Wi-Fi Sync instead. I hope this helps! :)

• eph61820
    eph61820
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

yeah, not what I am looking for... I want the app to directly sync with OneDrive, not have onedrive syncing with an arbitrary android folder...and having to move my database to an android folder... using onedrive because it is a central location and my devices can access it. Thanks, I will will keep using Wi-Fi... my suggestion/feature request stands.... Compatibility with OneDrive... not all of us like the clunkiness of dropbox or having to drink its cool-aid.... thanks. We are dropbox partners at work, and I support and troubleshoot dropbox with customers all the time, I do not want to do this when I get home.... Not one issue with OneDrive/Skydrive since inception... 1Password is my favorite.... and I refer it to everyone... (will do it even more when Agile Bits approves my request for 'shareasale'-wink)....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@eph61820: I understand that. But 1Password does not support OneDrive currently. As mentioned previously, we'd like to add additional sync options in the future. Thanks for letting us know this is at the top of your feature request list! :)

• eph61820
    eph61820
    Community Member

No Problem Brenty, my original posting was for "Feature Request" and everyone kept responding that there was a way to do it... Glad to clarify. Still love the product (not minding the wifi sync). Thanks as always for the quick responses... and love the avatar ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Haha thank you! Indeed, it got a little confusing there for me, so I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. I'm happy yo hear that you're enjoying 1Password. We'll continue to make it even better in the coming year as well! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.