Google Drive team sync

Options
RafaelD
RafaelD
Community Member

Hi guys,

Here at my company, we use Google Drive to sync our shared passwords in our 1Password Vault.

But it's been a while since we've been having a few sync problems. Here's what happens:

I usually add a new password to the vault in my Drive. But all the other users just won't see it. On their computers, it's like the fault file never changed. The "modified" date in my computer's file is always much more recent than theirs.

The same thing occurs when anyone update the same vault in their computers: We don't see the update in our computer's file.

The only way to share these updates is by sending the file itself to each other (which is the same of not having a sync option at all)...

Is this a recurring problem? Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.2
Sync Type: Google Drive

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RafaelD,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble sharing your 1Password vault via Google Drive!

I don't know if this is a recurring problem, as we don't hear from many customers who sync 1Password data via Google Drive. 1Password officially supports syncing via iCloud and Dropbox, but as explained in our Folder Sync guide, we can't provide support for other sync solutions such as the ones mentioned there. Other 1Password users have reported success when syncing with those services, but unfortunately there's not much we can do if a problem happens, because syncing is handled by the sync service being used, not by the 1Password app.

Having said that, it's a good idea to check the sync settings in 1Password on your Mac to make sure your shared vault is pointing to a sync file in the correct location in the Google Drive folder on your Mac. The folder where that sync file is stored is the thing that should be shared with the others at your office. You can try testing it by adding a file to that same folder (i.e. create a new folder or text file and move it to the shared folder). Does that file sync to the other Macs sharing that same folder? Also, you should have some others check the sync setting for that vault in 1Password on their own Macs - is Folder sync setup on their Macs the same way it's set up on yours?

Hopefully that helps a bit! I also wanted to mention that we recently announced 1Password for Teams, which might be a better solution for sharing 1Password vaults at your company. It's currently a public beta release and is free during that beta period. You can see the announcement on our blog here: Introducing 1Password for Teams

If you have more questions, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.