workaround suggestion and update request on converted login sync bug

dogboy
dogboy
Community Member

I also ran into this and it caused a lot of frustration before I realized it was convert to login that broke the sync:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/40090/sync-bug-in-1pw-android-with-passwords-converted-to-logins-known-issue

The somewhat awkward workaround I've been using:

1. convert to login on Mac
  2. duplicate item on Mac
  3. rename duplicate and delete original on Mac
  4. sync on Android

Sometimes I change the name of the item a few times to make sure the right version synced.

Any word on when a fix for this will be available?

Also is there a bug tracking or other system users can watch to stay up to date generally?

Thanks!

1Password Version: android 4.5.3, Mac 5.4.1 (541003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dogboy. Thanks for sharing your workaround with us. :)

This is indeed a known issue on Android. ref: OPA-365. While we get this worked out, I recommend sticking with your workaround, or simply recreating the items as logins on Mac. Unfortunately I can't say when we might have a fix for this. Also, our bug tracking system is not public facing, so you won't be able to see any progress there.

It is on the radar, though, and I'll let the devs know that you're seeing this issue. :)

• dogboy
    dogboy
    Community Member

Understood. That all makes sense. Yeah, I've found just not converting to login to be easier than my workaround. Instead I let the Save New Login... prompt create the login and later delete the generated password item.

Thanks.

• No problem! Thanks for sharing your workaround. It might help others who come across this issue. :)

This discussion has been closed.