Syncing issue Mac and iOS on iCloud

Options
ewiesner26
ewiesner26
Community Member

I am running 1Password on my Mac version 1Password 5 Version 5.4.1 (541003) Agile Web Store OS X 10.11.2 and on my iPhone version 6.1.2 iOS 9.2 and am having issues syncing changes I've made on the Mac back to my iPhone. I've looked at a couple of other discussions and found one that indicated I should access the troubleshooting menu from 1Password on my Mac and then reset iCloud. That option is not available on the Mac. It is available under iOS, is that where I should be erasing my iCloud data? I typically make any password change on my Mac and thought the sync process would update my iOS devices, is that not correct? Please advise.

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @ewiesner26! Sorry for the confusion. You reported that you're running the AgileBits Store version of 1Password, which supports Dropbox and Wi-Fi sync. If you'd like to sync with iCloud, you'll need to grab the Mac App Store version of the app. If you purchased 1Password in the past 30 days, we'd be happy to refund you so you can purchase again from the Mac App Store. Just send us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com with the email address you used to purchase and we'll help you out. :)

• ewiesner26
    ewiesner26
    Community Member
    Options

It looks as if I have both the Agile Web Store version (5.4.1) and the App Store version 1Password Version 5.4 (540046) Mac App Store - I'm not sure how I managed to do that. I guess I need to be syncing to iCloud through the Mac App Store version. Is that correct? If I've been using the Agile Web Store version, do I need to export from that version and then import to the Mac App Store version? Which version will be associated to my 1Password mini I use through Safari?

• @ewiesner26 Ah, that happens from time to time after setting up a new computer or in similar situations. If you want to use iCloud for syncing, you will indeed need to use the Mac App Store version. To make sure the data is consistent across the devices and get things merged properly if not, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• ewiesner26
    ewiesner26
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

For your reference, your support ID is [#TTK-69327-285]. Diagnostic report sent from my iOS device.

• ewiesner26
    ewiesner26
    Community Member
    Options

For your reference, your support ID is [#PJG-34884-688]. This is from the diagnostic report sent from my Mac.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ewiesner26,

We received your Diagnostics Reports, thanks for sending them! I updated the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Thanks! :)

ref: TTK-69327-285

This discussion has been closed.