Lable confusion with Master Password

CurbedEnthusiasm
CurbedEnthusiasm
Community Member
Hi Agile,

Just a quick suggestion regarding the iOS 1P app. I think there is a potential for confusion concerning the Master Password. Because you're using that label, I wonder if I am changing my complete Master Password across all platforms, or just the iOS one. I think it'd be nice to properly identify and distinguish that you are only changing the iOS MP when you change your MP on an iOS device. i.e. Amend the label on the app to be 'iOS MP' or something similar.

Do you understand what I'm on about?

Regards,

Curbed

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion, Curbed! I will pass this along to the developers. It sounds like you already know it, but for the sake of anyone coming across this thread in the future:

Your master password does not have to be the same between 1Password for Mac/Windows and your 1Password iOS app(s). Many users like to have a less-complicated one for 1Password iOS apps because of the interaction using the much smaller virtual keyboard. Because they do not have to be the same, they are never synced from one device/platform to another.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers,
  • CurbedEnthusiasm
    CurbedEnthusiasm
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, Curbed! I will pass this along to the developers. It sounds like you already know it, but for the sake of anyone coming across this thread in the future:

Your master password does not have to be the same between 1Password for Mac/Windows and your 1Password iOS app(s). Many users like to have a less-complicated one for 1Password iOS apps because of the interaction using the much smaller virtual keyboard. Because they do not have to be the same, they are never synced from one device/platform to another.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers,

Thanks Khad,

I should add here that I really appreciate that feature - I think it makes total sense to have a separate MP on iOS. Well done to Agile for the forward thinking :)

Regards,

Curbed
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I will pass your compliments along to the developers as well. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words!
This discussion has been closed.