Spam warning in the discussion forums

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Lounge

It is working to prevent me from posting multiple times in quick succession. When all else fails, don't press post (or the lift buttons!) multiple times when once is enough!

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Indeed. Obviously it's meant to prevent spammers from flooding the forum with rubbish, but I'm sorry that it's impacting you as well. The good news is that it appears to be working, as I'm only occasionally coming across some spam that needs to be moderated.

Is this something you're running into often? I'd be interested to hear more details, in case there's something we can do to help — without helping the spammers, of course. ;)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty, It must be something to do with my 4" iPhone as I see the multiple posts from iOS and not PCs however slow they are.

I will have to test this on my MAC with 10.11.2 later. Wireless connection was previously bad.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I wonder if I'm misunderstanding what you mean by 'multiple posts'. Are you seeing these yourself, or are you referring to the forum software noticing that you're posting more than once intentionally?

I know that the forum software does seem to be a bit sensitive to network hiccups. Sometimes I'll receive an error saying the post failed to submit, but if I refresh it's there. Were you maybe experiencing something like that?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi Brent, The problem (multiple posts) appears to occur predominantly on my 4" iPhone 5s. El Capitan 10.11.2 is said to solve Wi-fi issues and I haven't used the MAC much since Yosemite was SLOW. I'll try it out on other platforms.

It could be a cellular issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good. Please let me know what you find.

This discussion has been closed.