UI animation

Howdy!

I currently have two vaults, when I switch between them, it looks like the closing/opening animation plays twice. Specifically, when I press CTRL+2 to switch vaults, I see the closing animation, then a secure desktop prompts for the password, the finally the vault opens, then it closes and opens again.

Is this final animation necessary or useful in some way?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.BETA-596
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TheDave: I'm not able to reproduce this at all. It only animates once here. Does it help to disable Secure Desktop? I know that some people have reported issues with that and certain hardware/software combinations. That's (and the fact that not all Windows versions support it) is why it isn't the default setting. Please let me know!

• Hi @TheDave,

It's a known glitch but a low priority. It is not supposed to loop but we plan to fix this in the future.

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member

Thanks MikeT. Any chance you could wishlist letting me disable the animation completely too? The use case is when connecting to a system remotely, animations of any sort chew a ton of bandwidth and don't really work anyway.

• Hi @TheDave,

We'll certainly keep this in mind in the future as we'll try to keep the animations to the minimal as possible without degrading the overall experience and see if we can add an option to disable them completely.

You can also try the option via the Help Menu > Advanced > Tune 1Password for max performance, which will disable many of the UI elements such as password strength bar, the Rich Icons, and so on. It should speed it up a bit for remote sessions as well.

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member

That might do the trick, thanks!

• You're welcome!

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member

I'm testing the "Tune 1Password for max performance" but unfortunately it doesn't disable the main unlock animation, which is the only one that really gives me issues.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the follow-up, @TheDave.

As that option doesn't affect the animation, you can decide (based on your own experience) whether to disable it again or leave it enabled.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.