Disable Password-Prompt for form

Hello,

I have developed a small Web Application. The Web App contains a form where you have to enter an identification and and a password.
1Password asks for saving the password every time I submit the form. Is there a way (e.g. data attribute) to disable this prompt?

The problem is: even if you have to enter an identification and a password, it's not a login form. Both, the identification and the password, are just valid once and change every time.

Regards,
Sandro

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sandroroth,

If you're looking for a way for an individual to instruct 1Password to ignore a particular form that is possible. When the 1Password Save Login window pops up you can click on the cog in the bottom left hand corner and select the Never Autosave for this site option which looks like this

There isn't a way for a site to instruct 1Password not to offer to save for anybody visiting though. Is the individual fix above enough for your needs?

I did have a conversation with another web developer recently and while I understood their point of view and some well meaning web devs would use it to help third party applications understand their site better (by saying this isn't a form you want to save) it could also be used by others that believe best security practices mean not allowing password managers. You'd be surprised (maybe saddened) at some of the views out there. It's a delicate line to walk.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

It would be great to have this option as a web developer - but as you said, some would probably "abuse" it. So I totally understand why AgileBits doesn't include such a function.

It's good to know that end-users can disable this function for my web app and it's an acceptable solution.

Kind regards
    Sandro

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're very welcome! If you have more questions or need anything else, be sure to let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.