How do I use 1Password Anywhere from my phone? Should I see an icon?

silkscript
silkscript
Community Member

I have just bought and installed 1Password on my MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) under El Capitan.
To the best of my ability I have set it up to sync with Dropbox.

Should I see a 1Password app icon on my iPhone 6plus? No? What should I see? I cant see any 1PW icon on the phone or anything referring to 1PW within the browsers I have on the phone (Firefox and Safari).
So how do I use 1PW from my phone to login to sites that now have a new password generated by 1Password that only 1Password on my Mac knows/can remember?

If I go to the Dropbox Web site I can sign in to 1PW and see my stuff. I can see the 1Password.agilekeychain folder. If I open that I see 1PW.html and a data folder. If I try to open the html file I see** "Problem loading 1Password data file" **dialog.
I have gone step by step through the Help Guide steps: waited, checked Dropbox is syncing other stuff, verified permissions as far as I can tell.
None of these has resolved the problem.
I need to be able to login to various sites while on the road.
What am I doing wrong please? This is taking up way too much time and not doing much for my confidence in my comprehension.

Ben

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @silkscript,

While you could use 1PasswordAnywhere on your iOS device I think you might find 1Password a lot nicer if you consider 1Password for iOS instead. It's in iTunes or the App Store on your iOS device and it's an iOS app. You can download it for free but some features are behind an in-app purchase for "Pro" features. You can read more about these features at Pro Features FAQ (iOS) and it is optional, the basics can be permanently used for free. This would then gain you access to the 1Password iOS Safari Extension too.

We can try to figure out why 1PasswordAnywhere isn't working, I just think you'd much prefer the refined nature of even the free features in 1Password for iOS. What do you think?

• silkscript
    silkscript
    Community Member

Thank you so much for the prompt response Littlebobbytables. I was somehow mysteriously ignorant of the existence of 1Password for IOS. But I do have some remaining questions if I may:
    Does 1Password for iOS automatically liase with 1Password on the Mac?
    I.e. do logins generated on the Mac have to be regenerated separately for IOS use? I can tell that is a dumb question but I don't know how to un-dumb it?
    I need to use Firefox for work purposes. No Firefox Extension for the app?
    If I get the IOS version should I delete the stuff in Dropbox?
    Should I continue to sync with Dropbox or change to sync with iCloud?

regards,
    silkscript

• Hi @silkscript

You can learn about syncing the 1Password for iOS app with your existing data in Dropbox here:

Sync with Dropbox | 1Password for iOS

There is no need to switch to iCloud.

As for Firefox... We've done our part, and are waiting for them to finish up implementation. Our extension developer is working closely with the Mozilla team on this, so fingers crossed. :)

Ben

• silkscript
    silkscript
    Community Member

Thanks Ben.

• You are very welcome, @silkscript! If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.