Windows and iOS

Options
cathyp
cathyp
Community Member

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so selected 'general'.

I think I have two different accounts. One on my iphone and one on my laptop (windows). Are you able to check this and see if I've paid twice.

How do I combine the two and only have one? I'd like to backup via Dropbox.

Also, when I registered so I could post this question, I registered via google but am actually in the process of closing the account I used. How do I change this?

Thanks
Cathy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think I have two different accounts. One on my iphone and one on my laptop (windows). Are you able to check this and see if I've paid twice.
    How do I combine the two and only have one? I'd like to backup via Dropbox.

@cathyp: There actually aren't any accounts involved, so this is simple: you have data on different devices, and you want to merge it and keep them in sync. No problem! Just follow these steps:

1. Install Dropbox on your PC
    2. Setup Dropbox Sync in 1Password for Windows (since you already have a vault, you may only need to click Move to Dropbox in 1Password Preferences > General)
    3. Let Dropbox finish syncing your data (the icon in the notification area will stop animating)
    4. Setup Dropbox Sync in 1Password for iOS using that same vault

You'll be wanted about merging data. Good! That's exactly what you want to do anyway, so tap More Info and then Merge, and you'll be all set.

Also, when I registered so I could post this question, I registered via google but am actually in the process of closing the account I used. How do I change this?

To change your registered email in the forums, just click on your username at the top, click the 'user' icon on the right and select Edit Profile, then change it to the new address and Save. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.