OPVault inside Dropbox not recognized [OPVault support added for Dropbox in version 6.3]

13»

Comments

• @stijnopheide To disable OPVault in 1Password for Mac, launch 1Password and unlock your vault. Then select Help > Tools from the menu and click Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync to deselect the option. Then disable sync in 1Password for Mac and enable it again. This time it will create an Agilekeychain instead of an OPVault folder!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Dear AgileBits Team, i'm glad to see that the opvault - Feature made it into the current beta. However, there is still something missing and i don't understand why:

I am synching my 1Password Data with my own cloud server (i absolutely do not trust Dropbox, even with encrypted data stored on it). So please, enable the opvault feature for local storage!

If it can be used with dropbox, the 1Password Android App understands this file format, so why can't i just select it via local storage? What is preventing this feature from working? I just do not understand why it can be used with dropbox but not with local storage...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bobuscho: It made sense to start with Dropbox since most people needed OPVault support in 1Password for Android because they were already using OPVault on other platforms and syncing the data. Because Dropbox sync uses the Dropbox API, syncing with a local folder is a completely separate process. It's something we'll be adding, but it's quite separate so it isn't something we get "for free" simply by implementing OPVault for Dropbox. Thanks for your patience! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

ah, @brenty , i see. it's the same as in keepass for android, i guess: whatever the storage of the opvault might be, it is synched with the internal data storage of 1password...okay :) i'll wait for it to support local storage. thank you for your explanation.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Any time! I'm sorry for the wait, but we'll get there. :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.