Does my one password iOS license extend to my wife's iPhone?

Options
Brannon
Brannon
Community Member

I have one password for iPhone, iPad and on my Mac book Pro. Does any of these licenses extend to my wife's iPhone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Brannon,

Good question! The first thing to know is that 1Password is licensed separately on each supported platform, which means the Mac and iOS versions of 1Password are sold separately. Therefore, your license for 1Password for Mac would have nothing to do with any of your (or your wife's) iOS devices.

1Password for iOS licensing works a bit differently, because it's a free download and offers free basic features. So your wife can download it and use it for free on her iPhone, regardless of whether or not you have it on your own iOS devices.

The Pro Features in 1Password for iOS can be unlocked with an in-app purchase. You only need to purchase the Pro Features once and can unlock them in 1Password on all your iOS devices associated with your Apple ID. But if your wife uses her own Apple ID on her iPhone, she would need to make a separate purchase of the Pro Features (if she wants to unlock them, that is). Unfortunately it's not possible to share an in-app purchase with another Apple ID, because in-app purchases are not eligible for Apple's Family Sharing feature.

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.