if i buy the pro version will my passwords on my ipad move to my pc?

scottcoulterr
scottcoulterr
Community Member

I started using 1pass on my ipad with the app. LOVE IT! now i want to use it on my PC and iPhone. If i buy the Pro version and set it up on my PC will the passwords i have already set on my iPad be there?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i started using 1pass on my ipad. now i want to use it on my PC and other devices.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scottcoulterr,

Glad to hear you love 1Password! :)

To answer your question, you don't need to buy the Pro Features in 1Password for iOS in order to sync your data with other devices. The basic/free features in 1Password 6 for iOS include syncing with other devices through iCloud, Dropbox, and Wi-Fi (however, iCloud sync is not available in the Windows version of 1Password).

1Password is licensed separately on each supported platform, which means the iOS and Windows versions of 1Password are sold separately. If you want to use 1Password on your Windows PC, you'll need to buy a license from our AgileBits Store. That license would only apply to the Windows version, just as purchasing the Pro Features in 1Password for iOS would only apply to the iOS version. We have more information about how 1Password licensing works here: What licenses do I need to use 1Password on all my devices?

As for syncing your data from your iPad to your PC and iPhone, you'll need to set up one of the sync options, such as Dropbox sync. You can find more information about Dropbox sync and other sync options here: Syncing your 1Password data

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

• scottcoulterr
    scottcoulterr
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. So the way I understand it now is.........i buy a license for my PC and sync over wifi with my other devices-iPad/iPhone. Correct?

The question remaining is when i sync the Windows device with the iOS device over wifi, will all the info i have currently stored on my iOS device sync with the PC? Or, will i have to manually input all the logins/passwords that i have currently on my iPad to my PC?

• Hi @scottcoulterr

Sounds like you've got the idea so far. WiFi would be one of the sync options, but of course will only work while both devices are on the same WiFi network.

All of your existing information will sync between the two devices.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.