Multiple login pages

sisyphus
sisyphus
Community Member

My bank has two login pages. The first asks for a long number and I can see how your instructions will deal with this. The second asks for three letters of my password of eight letters and three numbers from a unique four digit number. The required numbers and letters change for each login. Your system will work when the entire password and four digit number is entered. Is there any way for it to recognise differing and partial inputs or should I just accept that the bank's security is good and that I will have to remember the details?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:change-master-password, kb:strong-master-password, kb:credit-card-tags, kb:wendy-appleseed, kb:create-multi-page-login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @sisyphus,

My bank does the same and it's a style of authentication that we can't reliably automate right now and it would have to be very reliable. I don't know about your bank but it only takes a couple of failed attempts for me to be locked out and a long re-authentication process to then go through.

What we do have is something called Large Type.

I believe the best way of using it is to open the Item Details for this Login item from 1Password mini and use the keyboard shortcut ⌘O to anchor the item to the screen. Then, if you hover over the password field you'll be able to access the little menu as shown below.

Selecting the large type option will then pop up with something like this

When you use the anchor option with large type I've found it allows the large type part to stay in the screen while you type the characters into the page below. When you close the anchored window the large type will also disappear. It isn't ideal and I hope we can at some point improve on this but hopefully it can help on financial sites where they say for characters x, y & z.

Does this help at all?

• sisyphus
    sisyphus
    Community Member

Thank you. Very helpful.
    Enjoy your Christmas.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you are quite welcome.

Have a great Christmas yourself! :)

This discussion has been closed.