Mac download is damaged

Options
nackyusa
nackyusa
Community Member

Please help. Just purchased Mac-Windows bundle. Windows downloaded fine. Mac says 1Password file is damaged and must be moved to trash. Please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:damaged file

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nackyusa,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

What happens if you (1) download a fresh copy of 1Password for Mac and (2) replace the damaged copy with the one you freshly just downloaded?

• nackyusa
    nackyusa
    Community Member
    Options

Still same message. I have tried several times. Rebooted computer, updated software.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015
    Options

Thanks for writing back, @nackyusa.

Hm. That is strange. A fresh download should definitely not be damaged in anyway. Do you have any "security" software installed that might be trying to "help" protect you from malicious downloads but is actually breaking 1Password when you download it? Any kind of antivirus or anti-malware utility installed?

Actually, I should have asked before. What version of OS X are you running? I think that it's possible that trying to run a newer version of 1Password than your system supports may result in that error.

• nackyusa
    nackyusa
    Community Member
    Options

I am running 10.10.5 Yosemite. No security software that I am aware of.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nackyusa,

1. Which browser are you using to download 1Password?
    2. Please try downloading 1Password in a different browser. If you don't have another browser installed, please install one so we can at least rule the browser out as a possible source of the problem.
  • nackyusa
    nackyusa
    Community Member
    Options

Same message from Chrome.

• nackyusa
    nackyusa
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps we could start from scratch. I made purchase on Windows computer. Does that matter?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015
    Options

Thanks for confirming that, @nackyusa.

For better or worse, where you purchased a license wouldn't affect this issue, since the download is the same for the trial version and the purchased app. 1Password for Mac is 1Password for Mac.

Be sure to move the "damaged" copy to the trash, empty the Trash, and then restart your Mac. I don't suspect it would be the case, but that will ensure you weren't accidentally launching the damaged copy as well as allow the system to relax for a second. It must be stressed to be working during the holidays. :)

Once you have started with a clean slate, try downloading a fresh copy once more:

https://agilebits.com/downloads

If you're still having trouble, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!
    ref: GMJ-79299-943

• nackyusa
    nackyusa
    Community Member
    Options

Okay. I figured it out. I had to allow app downloads from anywhere. Then download was able to install. I changed privacy settings before but it kept defaulting to back to Mac store only when I locked settings.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nackyusa,

Very interesting. That seems like a very misleading error message if that was the cause. I appreciate you writing back to let me know that everything is working well, though.

You should be able to install 1Password as long as you allow software from "identified developers" since we sign 1Password for security reasons. That is the default setting, and the one we recommend for your protection.

In any event, have a wonderful holiday! And don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any other trouble.

This discussion has been closed.