my iPhone is not syncing properly with my macbook pro

jdellavecchia
jdellavecchia
Community Member

I have my vault back-up to my iCloud account. Some information is on my iPhone6 but not all. All of my devices are running on the latest versions.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jdellavecchia,

I realise you say that all your devices are running the latest versions but that can mean very different things. For example when it comes to iCloud where you purchased 1Password for Mac is a factor, are you running the Mac App Store or AgileBits Store version of 1Password. Depending on your iOS devices they may be running an older version if they can't run the latest version of iOS. I would suspect the device would still say it's up to date where what it really means is it's as up to date as it can be.

Could you let us know:

1. What version of 1Password for Mac you're running?
    2. What version of 1Password for iOS you're running?

This will allow us to eliminate an incompatibility as a possibility. Just so we don't accidentally cause any confusion in an assumption, when you say you have your vault backed up in iCloud do you mean you set up iCloud Sync or do you mean you back up your iOS device to iCloud (in contrast to using iTunes to backup your iOS device).

This will hopefully give us a better insight into what the issue may be and help get things working for you :smile:

• jdellavecchia
    jdellavecchia
    Community Member

Mac version 5.4.1, says purchased through Agile Web Store. IOS version says 6.1.2.

Yes, iCloud Sync...Primary Vault, then Sync Service is iCloud (from my iPhone.) On my MacBook Pro, "also sync Primary vault with Folder, then iCloud Drive, 1Password, 1Password.agilekeychain"

I do not use (connect to) iTunes.

I have a Dropbox account if that is better?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@jdellavecchia:

Mac version 5.4.1, says purchased through Agile Web Store.

That is the source of your problem. The current version of 1Password from the AgileBits store (as opposed to the Mac App Store version) does not support iCloud sync of 1Password data. The present solution is indeed to use Dropbox (which in a couple of ways is better in any event because it works cross-platform and allows sync of individual 1Password vaults). You can find the instructions for setting up Dropbox sync here:

Sync with Dropbox (Mac)

Sync with Dropbox (iOS)

Stephen

• jdellavecchia
    jdellavecchia
    Community Member

Perfect, works. Since i have you, how do I use 1Password on my iPhone? Never been able to figure this out

• @jdellavecchia

You can find instructions on using 1Password on iOS here:

Introduction | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps! Merry Christmas.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.