not syncing thoroughly

Options
bamboo
bamboo
Community Member

my items are loaded properly into my iPhone but the folders are incomplete. I have deleted the icon and started again with the same result exactly. All folders are present but most folders are incomplete.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:syncing with iPhone

Comments

• Hi @bamboo,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Could you please elaborate on what devices you are syncing and which approach to syncing you are using?

My guess is you are syncing using Dropbox and it does take a bit of time to finish syncing, especially for large number of items as the Dropbox service will rate limit us after a certain number of requests. Assuming this is the case, please try waiting 5 minutes and then triggering the sync again from the Settings > Sync page.

• bamboo
    bamboo
    Community Member
    Options

I solved the problem. It is Dropbox but it is not a fault within Dropbox or the speed.
    I relocated the 1Password.agilekeychain to another file folder on my Window workstation and within the Windows operating system, the steps needed to resync to the new location are intuitive.
    With Windows, you point to another file location. In Apple, you must merge the Apple App Vault with the new location in the cloud (in this case Dropbox). I believe that sequence is misleading and the sequence could be made more elegant.

thanks for the follow up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bamboo: Sorry for the confusion! I'm glad to hear that you got it working.

Indeed, 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac are different in some ways. If you can tell me which sequence it is that you felt was misleading I'll see what can be done to make it clearer in our documentation. Cheers! :)

• bamboo
    bamboo
    Community Member
    Options

It is the sequence and directions that are misleading and complicated.
    Apple iPhone or iPad.
    ....for my set up, under "Settings", "Sync" or "Vaults", "Sync Service", "Change Dropbox", "Disable Sync", "stop using account". This area is specifically tricky as you now have 3 choices of which none are completely clear. Either touch your Dropbox account (description is not clear), or "Connect Another Account", or touch the information icon on your Dropbox account. Depending on what you do here, you either solve the mystery or it sends you down another rabbit hole. If you solve this mystery correctly by touching your Dropbox account (again, not totally clear), then find and touch the correct vault link, you will see the warning, "vault discrepancy", "more information", "merge these vaults anyway", "merge vaults", "enter your vault password". Typically, there are a few sync failures so you "try again" a few times. This process is enough to concern any user. To make it more confusing, you can do this either through "Vaults" or "Sync".

Microsoft Desktop
    ....for my set up, under "Preferences", "General". Under the 1Passward Vault location you click on "Choose Another". Find the new location and your done.

Your words above were.....
    "1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac are different in some ways". I don't have a Mac so not sure if Mac is the same as the iPad or iPhone. Clearly not "different in some ways". Freakin disaster comes to mind?

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @bamboo! I'll pass this along to our development and documentation teams for their consideration.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.