2FA Login Road Block

kenjcooper
kenjcooper
Community Member

I did not find this issue listed in the forum and believe it's a learning curve on my end. Using my iOS 1Password app with 'One-Time Password' [2FA], I find I'm incapable of completing the Two-Stage Authentication on the web page when asked. I don't have access to the 6-digit code unless I copy it first and then launch the browser to auto-login. If I'm lucky and have enough time on a slow connection, I can paste the 6-digit code into the form. Usually, I run out of time. How do I work around this and make it work without going back to the Google Authenticator app and using Blur app instead?

I had no issues with Blur (works better auto-login than 1Password) other than flipping back to the Google Authenticator app to get my code, which I have reverted to using unless this 1Password issue is explained. Thank you for your anticipated patience explaining how to make this work for me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:login

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kenjcooper: I definitely have some questions, as I haven't (thanks to iOS multitasking) encountered issues using TOTP codes from 1Password. I suspect if I understand your situation better we'll be able to find a solution! Please tell me the following:

• The OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using
    • Where you're visiting the website you're trying to login to (Safari, 1Browser, etc.)
    • Which website in particular you're having trouble with

When I use 1Password to login to my Google account, for example, I do the following:

1. Open 1Password
    2. Select my Google login
    3. Tap the URL to have 1Password Go & Fill (that takes me past the first step of the now-multi-step process)
    4. Tap the 'key' icon and then the ( i ) to get to the details to copy the TOTP code
    5. Back out and select the login for 1Password to fill the password
    6. Paste the TOTP code and login

To be clear, 1Password will not automatically log you in to anything. It only takes an action on your behalf when you tell it to. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• kenjcooper
    kenjcooper
    Community Member

Steps 4 and 6 are what I needed to make this work. I'm all set. Thank you for taking the time to get me educated.

• Great! Glad to hear that helped. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.