How do I delete all vaults and start over with an empty vault On my iPad?

Hedley
Hedley
Community Member
edited December 2015 in iOS

How do I delete all vaults, as I have forgot the passwords, on my iPad and start over with an empty vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:How to delete all vaults and start again, kb:starting-over, kb-search:How do I start over with an empty vault On my ipad, kb:starting-over

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Hedley: Oh, this is easy on iOS! Step 1: delete the app and reinstall it from the App Store. There is no step 2. Cheers! :)

• bob_breen
    bob_breen
    Community Member

Thanks brenty but I have done that and when I reinstall the vaults are still there.

• @bob_breen

That really shouldn't be possible. Are you sure the app actually uninstalled?

In any event, there is another way to go about it:

(iOS) How do I start over with an empty vault?

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

@bob_breen: Indeed, it sounds like perhaps you were syncing your 1Password data with iCloud to begin with (or previously at some point), and then setting up iCloud Sync in 1Password after reinstalling it (when opening it for the first time). That would certainly explain why you "still" have data.

When any iOS app is deleted from an iOS device, all of its data is deleted with it, so syncing it from somewhere else is the only way you can end up with it again — unless the app was not deleted successfully. The guide Ben linked above will cover that as well. Please let us know how it turns out!

• bob_breen
    bob_breen
    Community Member

Thanks guys it worked a treat. I have now started over

• Excellent. Thanks for the update @bob_breen. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.