iPhone 6s and OS X El Capitan

Options
TexasLiz
TexasLiz
Community Member

I am using iPhone6s and Mac OS X El Capitan. Can't sync to new iPhone 6s. Tried all your suggestions. Nothing on your site is helping me. I assume it's due to the new 6s and El Capitan not liking each other, but I'm an old lady rookie. I've never had problems syncing in the past.

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan
Sync Type: Wi Fi
Referrer: kb:icloud-faq, ug:mac/new-computer-dropbox, kb:wifi-troubleshooting, ug:mac/sync-wi-fi, kb:wifi-troubleshooting

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@TexasLiz - I deleted your two other identical threads and the two duplicate comments in this thread. That will help keep things organized for you and for those who will be along to help you.

Can you provide us with information about how you have tried to sync between your desktop Mac running El Capitan and that new iPhone 6s? Are you attemrpting to use iCloud or Dropbox?

I can assure your, based on my own experience, that this doesn't have anything to do with El Capitan not liking and iPhone 6s. I have exactly that combination working successfully for me. So if you could give us those details about how you are attempting to sync your data and what happens when you do, I am sure someone will be along to guide you in getting this all working together.

In the meantime, perhaps this article in the User Guide will give you some hints: Syncing your 1Password data

• TexasLiz
    TexasLiz
    Community Member
    Options

I followed your website instructions perfectly, using a common wifi connection in my home. I have turned everything off, and rebooted them, signed in, etc., and tried once more. I've done this a number of times. When I use my iPhone 6s, I don't ever get to a place where I put in the code from my Mac. The last thing I did was create a new vault, and entered one of my saved logins and passwords. So now when I sign in on my new phone, I have that one url in it. I want to sync my hundreds of details from my Mac to there.

• TexasLiz
    TexasLiz
    Community Member
    Options

I have used all the tips from that "Syncing Your 1Password Data" already. All I get on my iPhone under settings, Sync, is instructions for syncing. Then I have, in blue, "Refresh List". When I click on it, nothing happens. Very frustrating.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@TexasLiz - Oops. sorry I didn't note the method you were using Wi-Fi for syncing. I'm going to defer to others to help you, because I don't use Wi-Fi syncing myself. I'm a happy Dropbox user for that. There are others who are much more expert than I, including other fellow users like me, and official AgileBits support people. Some of those are in distant time zones, so it might be a little while, but you will get the guidance you need, I am sure.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @TexasLiz,

Firstly, can I ask about the single item in the 1Password for iOS vault. Is it an item that is in the vault on your Mac? If it is then I can safely suggest our How do I start over with an empty vault? guide as we'll likely be better off initialising 1Password for iOS from a clean slate. Please don't follow that guide straight away though if the item only exists in 1Password for iOS and nowhere else as that guide would mean it is lost forever. Instead you would manually want to create the item in 1Password for Mac first.

Now to figuring out what the issue may be. Can you try the steps detailed in Wi-Fi Sync is not working: Network troubleshooting for me please as it will help cover a number of situations. One possibility is a piece of third party software like anti-virus or a firewall is blocking the connection. If you are aware of such a piece of software on your Mac and aren't sure please let us know. The other suggestion it will make is to see if an ad-hoc Wi-Fi network makes any difference. These are both classed as network issues which is what you seem to be suffering at the moment. If your Mac isn't visible even after setting up 1Password for Mac to act as a Wi-Fi Sync server then the network is a good place to start as we're looking at Bonjour and something blocking 1Password from broadcasting. Security software has been known to do this as has some routers. We're exploring both possibilities with everything above.

This is all about identification at the moment. Once we've identified the cause we can see about how to resolve :smile:

This discussion has been closed.