Finding Untagged Items

Options

The Browser Login list is too long for my screen, so I have started assigning Tags. How can I find items not yet Tagged?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @scottishagate,

There isn't a way to do this at the moment. If you were using Folders, the Unassigned folder on the sidebar would show you all items not in a folder.

We plan to overhaul the tags experience in the future for 1Password.

The 1Password extension does support search as you type feature, if you click on the 1Password icon to bring it up, start typing to find what you want and 1Password will return the results quickly.

• scottishagate
    scottishagate
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - if there is no pick list or search function for Tags in 1Password for Windows, they won't be much use! So I will use Folders instead.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@scottishagate ,

I can write you a tool that will provide you with a list of untagged items if it will help you. You'd export your items as 1PIF temporarily, run the tool on that export file, and it will generate a list or report, or perhaps better still, it could tag the items with a tag of your choice (and you'd re-import the 1PIF).

• scottishagate
    scottishagate
    Community Member
    Options

That's a kind offer. But at my level of use, it's a sledgehammer to crack a very small nut! Folders created and logins assigned in a few minutes, and all working AOK now.

• Hi @scottishagate,

Just so you're aware, you can press Alt + Down in the search field to get the list of tags and select it to search for items with that tag.

I'm glad everything is better now with the folders method instead.

• scottishagate
    scottishagate
    Community Member
    Options

I knew about Alt+Downarrow in the Search field. It is useful but obviously can't find the nils I wanted! Thanks for the pointer, though. Can I mark my query as answered?

• You're welcome.

Yes, I'll close this thread for you if you want to mark it answered. If you need further assistance, please create a new thread here.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.