"This item is already being downloaded and added into Chrome." [Chrome 1Pwd Extension Fail]

Options
Isfahan1
Isfahan1
Community Member

My 1-password extension stopped working recently. I would click it and nothing would happen. I checked for an update and deleted the current version (I had the non-beta) and then attempted to re-install the extension. I did this from both the Chrome Extensions - Play link and from within the 1Password App (which is running fine).

In both cases, after clicking the "Add to Chrome" button, the button changed to "Checking" at first. This never resolved over many minutes.

Now, when I attempt to "Add to Chrome" I get the message that the Extension is already being downloaded. Its not.

How do I remove previous instances of the extension and get to restart this process with more chance of success?

Thanks,
Shannon

1Password Version: 1Password 4 Version 4.4.3 (443000) Agile Web Store
Extension Version: Version: 4.5.1.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Isfahan1,

I haven't seen that error message before so I took a peek in Chrome's forums and found this thread. None of the options sound fantastic to me as they all suggest you have to do a bit of a reset to sort out this state Chrome has gotten itself into. I would recommend reading carefully and making sure you aren't in risk of losing important stuff like your bookmarks. I hope this helps so please do let us know if it makes any difference or not.

This discussion has been closed.