Roboform / 1Password comparison

Options

I've used RoboForm for years. I've had a few sites that have given me trouble over time so I thought I'd try 1Password. So far, the experience has been less than pleasant.

First of all, numerous sites just won't auto fill (see my other post). I've been slowly adding all the ones I had in RoboForm and about a third of them are having issues.

Second, 1Password seems extraordinarily slow compared to how quickly RoboForm would fill out a form and submit it. I have no idea why the technology is that different.

Third, I tried the export feature in RoboForm, which created a good HTM file, and tried to import it into 1Password. It says "0" imported.

I would love to give 1Password another chance, but I have not seen the benefit yet.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi @2020autoglass ,

I'm not going to try to address the Which is Better side of your question, and will let the AgileBits folks tackle that. (I'm chicken, cluck-cluck).

1Password for Windows can only import a print list from RoboForm prior to version 7.x, so you'll need to export from version 6.9.99 or under. That means, you'll have to find an old copy. Search the forum here for links.

I've written a roboform converter as part of my converter suite, and it handles RoboForm print list exports for Windows <= 6.9.99 and for OS X.

The RoboForm export for versions 7.x do not export the full URL of an entry, so you'd lose some data. Still, I'll add support to my roboform converter for version 7.x, despite the export format being lossy.

I hope this helps, at least a little.

• MikeT
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi @2020autoglass,

I've cleaned up this thread, so we can help you directly but if you're curious about the rest of the posts, you can find it here.

As for filling in Internet Explorer, I've replied in your other thread here. That should help to speed up and make the filling more accurate. For better performance, we would recommend a different browser like Opera, Firefox and/or Chrome instead that has a modern API that gives us more power to manage your data.

This discussion has been closed.