Can't auto-fill second amazon site (UK or US) via Chrome

I use the same account details for both the US and UK amazon sites, and have a single item for both of them in my 1Password. In that item, I have both the URLs for the US and the UK amazon signin pages.

Whichever URL is first works fine. The URL that's second doesn't allow auto-filling.

In other words, I can auto fill the US site by changing the order of the URLs to make the US site first and the UK second. This breaks the UK site. If I list the UK URL before the US one, the UK site auto-fills, but the US site no longer does.


1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.5.1.90
OS Version: Win 10 x64 (6.2.9200)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:fix-website-login, ug:mac/1password-mini, kb-search:chrome

Comments

  • Hi @nielsendres,

    I've tried to replicate but so far I've been unable to do so. I'm running Chrome 47.0.2526.106 with the same extension and I was originally running the beta version of 1Password for Windows but then went back and tested the stable version too.

    What I was testing was using the keyboard shortcut ctrl + \ to fill after manually visiting the signing page for both Amazon UK and Amazon US. In both cases the Login item was visible and selecting it filled in both pages. When you say auto-filling is it possible I've not been testing the right thing and you're referring to go and fill?

  • Thanks @littlebobbytables,

    I have the same version of Chrome, and your testing is doing what I want to achieve, I was just getting slightly different results.

    I think I just figured it out though- there's a setting in the 1Password windows app, "Enable multiple URLs" which wasn't selected. Hearing that it was working for you made me go digging for it.

    All is now behaving as it should. Thanks again.

  • Hi @nielsendres,

    Obviously I'm happy things are working for you and that you discovered the cause/fix. We have made alterations in regards to the Amazon domain and the idea was that given an Amazon login no matter where it was created will work on all the country specific versions of their site that we should do the same. I know we made the change in version 4.5.0 of the extension and I'll have to do a bit more testing as the goal is a single website field should match all. I'll look into this in a bit more detail.

  • Thanks again, should you want someone to do any testing for you (particularly since you couldn't replicate my issue) I'd be more than happy to help where I can.

  • Hi @nielsendres,

    Thanks for the offer. We'll keep an eye on this and may indeed ask given you're willing to help :smile: I'm glad we have a working solution for your right now though so you're not stuck with what would have seemed as a broken Login item.

This discussion has been closed.