1Password is not always backing up logins on Dropbox between Windows 10 and my iPhone and iPad.

1Password is not always backing up logins on Dropbox between Windows 10 and my iPhone and iPad.

I add new logons on my Windows PC and they don't get replicated in Dropbox.

I'm also seeing duplicates of the same logon created in Windows 10, which I am unable to delete.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password is not always backing up logins on Dropbox between Windows 10 and my iPhone and iPad.

Comments

• Stephencbates
    Stephencbates
    Community Member

I'm also seeing duplicates of the same logon created in Windows 10, which I am unable to delete.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:1Password is not always backing up logins on Dropbox between Windows 10 and my iPhone and iPad.

• Stephencbates
    Stephencbates
    Community Member

I'm also seeing duplicates of the same logon created in Windows 10, which I am

• Stephencbates
    Stephencbates
    Community Member

I'm also seeing duplicates of the same logon created in Windows 10, which I am

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Stephencbates: I've merged your many similar discussions into a single place so we can focus on helping you with a solution. Please avoid creating duplicate threads, or it might be more difficult for you to find our responses.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you actually saving your 1Password backups to Dropbox, or do you mean syncing? Thanks in advance! :)

• Stephencbates
    Stephencbates
    Community Member

Hi Brenty

OS - Windows 10

1Password for Windows version 4.6.0.592 licensed copy paid for
    iOS 6.1.2 for iPhone 6s and iPad Pro version via iTunes

I'm using my Dropbox account for syncing between devices.

It was previously not syncing items set up in Windows with the iOS devices. This seems now to be working. It may have been that I was on the Pro version for my iPhone but not the iPad. I have just put my iPad on the Pro version.

The Windows login still has isses in that it kept making duplicate copies of logins. I have deleted these and it still leaves them as "blank" logins with no data attached which can't be deleted.

Please let me know if you need more info.....

• Hi @Stephencbates,

That's great to hear. The Pro feature isn't required for the Dropbox sync to keep working but what may have happened is that it took time for Dropbox to send you all the data. There are limits in place to ensure Dropbox sync is working for everyone at the same time without being overwhelmed by the traffic.

For the blank Logins and duplicates issues, that sounds like it could be sync issues still. Can you open the main 1Password program on your PC, go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault, and after that is done, go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper. Do you still see blank data?

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostic report on your PC, so we can get a better idea of what's going on. Please use this guide to generate the report to email to us. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Stephencbates
    Stephencbates
    Community Member

Hi Mike

I've done the Repair as per your second para. Instead of the blank logons, I am still getting duplicates of the same logons; eg. 3 Dropbox logons all the same and 3 gadgetmonocle all the same. These are the duplicates which I previously tried to delete which created the blank logons.

I will do the diagnostic now.

• Stephencbates
    Stephencbates
    Community Member

I have just sent the diagnostic report

• Hi @Stephencbates,

Thanks, we got the email and will reply as soon as we finish analyzing the report.

ref: AQL-93793-719

This discussion has been closed.