1Password will open the login page but will not autofill the username and password help please

Options
Scotlind2
Scotlind2
Community Member

need help

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: none
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: ug:mac/sync-preferences, ug:mac/, kb:contact-us, kb:fix-website-login, kb:extension-troubleshooting

Comments

• Scotlind2
    Scotlind2
    Community Member
    Options

Need help, 1Password will open login screens but will not auto fill username and password

• Scotlind2
    Scotlind2
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Is anybody out there?

ref: YXL-55267-422

• Mystery_Man
    Mystery_Man
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. To diagnose your issue, we require more information. From what I read above, you are using 1Password version 5.4 on Mac OS X 10.11.2. What version of the browser extension is installed? What browser are you using? What are the steps you take to automatically populate and submit your account [user name and password] website credentials? This is basic information which will assist anybody who may respond.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Scotlind2,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

First, I want to mention that this is not a live chat. We always strive for quick response times, and I'm delighted to be able to reply in under an hour to your support inquiry. :)

As @Mystery_Man mentioned, we will need some more details in order to best assist you. The answers to the questions he asked will be very helpful, but the ones I'm most interested in are a couple additional ones:

1. Does the problem happen in all browsers or just one? If you normally only use one browser, please download another one and install the 1Password extension in it for the sake of troubleshooting.
    2. Does the problem happen on all websites or just one?
    3. What is the URL of the site (or a site) where you are seeing the problem? Even if it happens on all sites, it can be helpful to focus on one, just so we are on the same page — literally and figuratively. ;)

We'll get it sorted out. Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers!

• loudanzico
    loudanzico
    Community Member
    Options

I too am having trouble with most sites. A few both open and fill but most only open. I use both Google Chrome and Safari on my apple computers; including an iMac, MacBook Pro and iPad. The same sites work on all computers.

Thanks
    Lou

• Hi Lou,

Usually this happens when the Login URL is not the URL used to log in to the site. For example, I have an http://www.amazon.com is the main page for Amazon, but https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin is the page with the sign in form.

Make sure your login item has the URL for the sign in form and see if that fixes the problem.

This discussion has been closed.