After recording my Master Password I was not allowed to open 1Password and begin entering data.

Options
edjank
edjank
Community Member

I cannot enter data in 1Password. I bought it today, supplied the Master Password and when I went to the next page, entered the password and the program would not accept it. I can do nothing at this point and am very frustrated. It seems as if I am entering the incorrect password. I would gladly start over but I don't seem to have that option. As of now I have a program that I cannot use.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:After recording my Master Password I was not allowed to open 1Password and begin entering data.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @edjank,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Before we go too far, you should back up your existing data by selecting File > Backup from the menu bar. Then follow these steps to start over with a new vault:

1. Download the "Data Reset Utility for 1Password 5".
    2. Double-click the ZIP file to decompress it (if your browser didn't do that for you automatically).
    3. Control-click on the tool and select "Open" from the shortcut menu.

4. Follow the prompts, and 1Password should give you the chance to start with a new vault.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.