Are the files shared over wifi fully encrypted (including metadata) with 1password 4.5.3 (iOS)?

KANT0035
KANT0035
Community Member

I've recently started using this product and due to the age of my operating systems (iOS 7.1.2, OSX 10.8.5) I'm limited to versions 4.4.3 on my Mac and 4.5.3 on my iPhone. I've done numerous searches both through your knowledge base and on google and haven't found a discussion as to whether of not data is encrypted during transmission over a local network via wifi. I'm interested to know whether the data is encrypted and if that encryption includes the meta data. Does it change at all in versions 5 and 6 for iOS? Many thanks especially for touching on an older piece of software.

1Password Version: 4.5.3 of iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 7.1.2
Sync Type: Wifi Sync
Referrer: forum-search:Are the files shared over wifi fully encyrpted (including metadata) with 1password 4.5.3 (iOS)?

Comments

• Hi @KANT0035,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. The meta data would not be encrypted, as these software versions would be using our Agile Keychain database format. This has since changed, and using the latest versions of 1Password with the OPVault database format does cause the meta data to be encrypted.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.