I get that I need a LICENSE FILE for my 1Password5. How do I get it resent to me?

Options
opaekaa
opaekaa
Community Member

I understand it was sent with the original invoice. I can't find that original invoice, and unlike my previous Agilebits licenses still available to me through a link on the agile bits site, I don't seem to have any way to recover my license FILE for 1Password 5. On a related note, can I convert my license so that I can manage it from now on through the Apple App Store? That way I won't have this problem anymore.

1Password Version: 1Password5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3 beta
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

@opaekaa

Its simple to have it resent to you. Just visit https://agilebits.com/store/licenses enter your email used for the purchase and await its arrival.

You might also look inside 1Password. Some time ago the folks here elected to have it automatically store a copy of the license in the software section. It may or may not be a valid point for you depending on when you originally licensed 1Password.

As to the App Store, sadly Apple has not made it friendly for developers to move customers to its store. The only current way to accomplish this is to pay for the app again. Maybe Apple will revisit this issue at a future time. Its an often requested thing.

I have been here for years and the agile folks have always ran the license retrieval page. I think it will be available for a very long time to come. We send folks there each and every day.

As always you are welcome to come here and ask for support, or even send an email to the staff.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @opaekaa,

I was able to find your licenses by searching our sales records for your email address, and I have resent your license info to you via email. In that email, under the heading "1Password 5 for Mac" (you have a few, but any one will work), you should see a link that says "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License." When you click that link (with 1Password 5 running and unlocked), it should open a page in your default browser which automatically downloads and applies your license to 1Password. And as thightower mentioned, your license file will automatically be stored within 1Password in the Software Licenses category for future reference.

Let us know if you have any trouble with that. We're here to help. :)

• opaekaa
    opaekaa
    Community Member
    Options

The link on the Agile bits site only provides keys, not license files. I need a license file for 1 Password 5, not a license key. 1 Password 5 doesn't use license keys. It uses a license file that's sent to you when you buy the license. I don't have that license file. THAT'S my problem. How do I get that file?

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi @opaekaa,

I know that 1Password 5 uses a license file rather than a key, and I understand exactly what you mean, and my answer above addresses that question, but I'm sorry if it was not clear.

Did you get the email that I sent today from AgileBits with your license information? In that email, under the heading 1Password 5 do you see a section like this?

When you click on that second link that says "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License," that link should open a page in your browser which automatically downloads your license file (most likely to your Downloads folder) and applies it to 1Password for you (provided that you already have 1Password 5 installed and set up on your Mac).

To check if your license has been applied to the app, select from the menu bar 1Password 5 > License... and you should see something like this:

You haven't mentioned why you're looking for this license file, so I assume it's because the app is asking for it with the "Trial Expired" message, but if I have assumed incorrectly or am missing something, please fill me in.

• opaekaa
    opaekaa
    Community Member
    Options

No I didn't. What you just posted is what I need. I've never been able to get what you showed above except in an original email that I apparently no longer have for some reason. What I always get when I ask for the 1Password5 license file is the following:

If you have any troubles viewing this email, you can view it here

Your AgileBits Licenses
    Below are all your licenses purchased from the AgileBits Store.

1Password 3 for Mac
    Family License
    Name: roger
    Key: XXXXXX
    Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    Register: Select 1Password > License… and paste the above information.

1Password for Windows
    Family License
    Key: XXXXXX
    Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    Register:

Select Help > Enter License Key…, and enter the above key.

• opaekaa
    opaekaa
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I should add that the email I got last night was the one I always get. Maybe 2 emails were sent and one went into a junk folder (though I checked and didn't find anything in it). Vee, I don't understand what's going on. You obviously know what I need. I'm just not seeing it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm really sorry for the trouble. There must be something going on with the emails being sent out by our system. I'm going to investigate why you wouldn't be receiving the link to the license file.

In the meantime, I have personally emailed you a direct link to your license file. We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

ref: HPC-21151-987

This discussion has been closed.