How can I fix the sync and not loose the new entries on either the device or iphone?

Options
Sono59
Sono59
Community Member

Since my upgrade to iphone6, my Macbook pro and iphone have differing amount of entries.(both using 1password 5, and supposed to be syncing in dropbox). I need advice on how to get the sync working properly but now have new entries on both the macbook and the iphone, so am worried about losing some entries when the sync gets fixed.

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.5.1.90
OS Version: OS X El Capitan v. 10.11.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:My iphone and mac have different amount of entries but I now have new entries on both. Syncing unsuccessfully with dropbox'

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Sono59 this knowledge base article should help you:

Dropbox sync is not working

If you're at all worried about losing data just make a Mac 1P backup (1P5 > Preferences > Backup and click on Backup Now) and a 1P for iOS backup before you start.

Stephen

• Sono59
    Sono59
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks Stephen, I will do that, but then how do you merge them together if they are both different?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Sono59 this knowledge base article is helpful in that context:

1Password reports a “Vault Mismatch”

It provides guidance which I think you will find reassuring and useful.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sono59,

I hope that the article Stephen linked to has gotten you all sorted out, but if you're still having trouble, please let us know and we'll work through this. :)

• Sono59
    Sono59
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much guys. I will tackle it in the next couple of days and let you know. Really appreciate the support.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sono59,

You're welcome! Have a great New Year, and we'll be here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.