Can I stop 1Password filling in username

Options
Jencee
Jencee
Community Member

I have just started to use 1Password and have been testing it out on a website for which I am an existing customer. When logging into the site, the options are to enter username and password for a new customer or an existing customer. However, by default, the 1 Password details populates the "New Customer" boxes. Apart from physically typing in the information into the "Existing Customer" section, how do I populate the required login sections of "Existing Customer automatically?

1Password Version: 5.5.BETA-37
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:fix-website-login

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Jencee the usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?

Stephen

• Jencee
    Jencee
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for replying. I cancelled the existing login details in 1Password, manually signed into the website and, when prompted, saved these login details to 1Password. When I logged out and tried to log in again using 1Password, the "New Customer" details were populated as before, instead of "Existing Details". So the problem remains.

Jencee

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jencee, could you provide the URL of the login page? We'd love to take a look, so we can better assist you. :)

• Jencee
    Jencee
    Community Member
    Options

I am using the site: shop.abc.net.au. I am already an existing customer. I have tried registering as a new customer, but I am not able to reuse my email address.

Thanks for your help.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for providing that URL, @Jencee. :)

I just created a Login that works correctly, but I realized that I am using the beta version of the 1Password extension. So, the good news is that we have fixed the problem. But you would need to either switch to the beta extension or wait for the next stable update to get the fix.

If you wish to wait for the next stable update, you can copy and paste your password in the meantime.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.