OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:opening opvaulat on dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @niro,

It sounds like you're trying to use 1PasswordAnywhere, as described in this knowledgebase article. If so, and if your 1Password sync file in Dropbox is in the OPVault format, you won't be able to use 1PasswordAnywhere. This is because 1PasswordAnywhere is a legacy feature (from 1Password 3) built into the older Agile Keychain sync format, which it depends on. Because 1PasswordAnywhere is being phased out, the OPVault format doesn’t support it.

If 1PasswordAnywhere is an important feature for you, you'll need to switch back to the Agile Keychain sync format in Dropbox. It's fairly easy to do that though, and we describe how here: Switching back to Agile Keychain

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions or need assistance with that, just let us know. Happy New Year! :)

• niro
    niro
    Community Member

Thanks drew
    So how can I actually open the Js files that are saved in Dropbox to see my data?

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @niro,

Sorry for the confusion; there is no way to view your 1Password data in the browser using OPVault. You need the 1Password app to decrypt and view your data.

As Drew mentioned above, you'd need to switch back to the Agile Keychain sync format to use 1PasswordAnywhere, which is the feature that allows you to view your data in the browser via an html file. But as he also mentioned, that feature is being phased out, as a better option is being phased in: 1Password for Teams, which includes a web app that's much more usable, beautiful, and secure than 1PasswordAnywhere. Teams is currently in a free beta period, so we encourage you to give it a try! :)

• niro
    niro
    Community Member

Thanks so much for the help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @niro,

Sorry we couldn't offer good news with the OPVault but it seems like you're okay now that you know? :smile:

This discussion has been closed.