I installed created a Knox vault. The name shows up in faint letters. I can't get it to work.

I had numerous problems and uninstalled Knox vault. Now that I have time, I reinstalled it and created a vault. The name of the vault shows up in faint letters. I am unable to transfer documents to it. I tried to uninstall and my iMac says no as the vault is open. What must I do and how?

Comments

• Hello @Juror, I’m sorry to hear about the recent trouble, but let’s see what we can do to fix that. Is this vault on your Mac itself or an external drive?

Can you let me know the version of Mac OS X you’re currently running as well as which version of Knox you’ve installed (Just open Knox’s Preference and click the version tab to check). Additionally, and I know it sounds overly simplistic, but have you rebooted your Mac since encountering this difficulty?

• Thank you very much for your prompt reply! And, as I will lay it out for you, it was exceptionally accurate.

FYI, I am running El Capitan v 10.11.2 Insofar as Knox Vault is concerned, it is v 2.3.2 (234).

After receiving your letter, the first thing I did was re-boot and .. lo and behold …Knox Vault is now working as it should ! I strongly suspect you are a wizard.

I have now downloaded 1Password for a free trial and it working as advertised. Up to this point I am most happy with it. When the time comes to pay for 1Password, how do I get credit on the purchase price for purchasing Knox Vault?

Thank you again. Your promptness and your expertise is greatly appreciated.

• I strongly suspect you are a wizard.

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone figured out my secret! But seriously, I’m glad to hear you’re back up and running again!

To receive a a discount toward 1Password, just head to our Upgrade page https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade and enter your Knox license key to unlock the discount. 1Password is currently on sale as it is, so this discount will lower the price even more so!

Let me know if you have any trouble with that though and of course, Happy New Year! :)

This discussion has been closed.