If I trash 1Password will 1Password5 (which I purchased) pick up the old passwords?

denlaw1216
denlaw1216
Community Member

I just purchased 1Password5 for my MacBook Pro so I could use it in iCloud for my i-Pad mini and i-Phone. But the install wants me to trash the current version first. I do NOT want to lose all my stored passwords in the current version. Will my passwords download to 1Password5?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to upgrade my free version of 1Password to 1password 5 for all my Apple devices. Error

Comments

• kmead
    kmead
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

If you just delete the old program leaving files in place it will find the passwords vault on your mac.

• denlaw1216
    denlaw1216
    Community Member

Thanks. Turns out I did not buy the App Store version. Will just contest the charge in my credit card.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @denlaw1216,

If you're looking for a refund on an AgileBits Store purchase please be aware that we can easily do that for you rather than contesting charges which I'm sure is meant more for fraud. All you have to do is tell us you'd like a refund and we'll process it as you're well within the 30 day refund window and then you're free to purchase 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store for iCloud Sync support if you want.

This discussion has been closed.