Copy and Paste Generated Password iOS

Options
kylerphillips
kylerphillips
Community Member

From time to time, I like to sort my passwords out on iOS - I haven't found an easy way to copy and paste generated passwords on the iOS app? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Copy and Paste Generated Password iOS

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kylerphillips

Thanks for taking the time to write in. It appears you are attempting to copy the password out of edit mode. This will not work. Please exit edit mode. You should be able to copy from there by single tapping on the password field.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• kylerphillips
    kylerphillips
    Community Member
    Options

Ah yeah! Thanks @bwoodruff - silly me!

• Ben
    Options

No problem. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

• FransG
    FransG
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, when I am in a new mobile app on my Iphone, and I create a password through 1Password for IOS while creating a new entry, it would be good that there is a way to copy it right away to the clipboard. Now I have to save it first and than search it and go back. That is a hassle. If one can copy it right away, I can save the entry and go to the new app and enter the password, with less clicks

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FransG,

on iOS when you create a new login or password with a generated password the password should be automatically copied to the clipboard. Could you please confirm that this is the case for you as well?

• FransG
    FransG
    Community Member
    Options

This is good to know. I will check it out the next time! Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.